Football Heaven 2018 - 2019

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

my team got spaffed by non league barnet

but I'll ring up and make a silly distraction point about Wednesday spending  only to look like a tw@ when you get facts wrong 

What an utter bell he was.

• Haha 1

The cup competitions have been killed by the prem money. Before the big money came in it was all about the glory, the only way to get the big money was a Europa league or champions league finish. Now every prem team just concentrates on not getting relegated.

36 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

The cup competitions have been killed by the prem money. Before the big money came in it was all about the glory, the only way to get the big money was a Europa league or champions league finish. Now every prem team just concentrates on not getting relegated.

Even then you get parachute payments to give you more spending power than anyone else in the league.

The FA cup final has lost its fizazz, just like the football league competitions in my opinion. You get the occasion upset these days but they're not as common as they used to be. It's far easier to predict which teams are going to finish up the top of the league, especially in the premiership and you can generally team which teams are going to stand a chance in the FA cup from the 4th round onwards ... if they took it seriously these days. I know we have FFP now, but the top money is still being creamed off 

59 minutes ago, SupremeOwl said:

Even then you get parachute payments to give you more spending power than anyone else in the league.

It's wrong that some teams can get parachute payments to spend in a season what other teams in the league get to spend over 3 seasons 

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

It's wrong that some teams can get parachute payments to spend in a season what other teams in the league get to spend over 3 seasons 

And this is where FFP/P&S makes no sense.

I don't think the EFL even know how it works anymore...it just seems like they're making it up as they go along.

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

snippet from upcoming piece

basically not selling  

as i said like a time machine 

edit damn was hoping for 'I'm gonna chuck a few quid at it'

Edited by steelowl
  • Haha 1