Andy Yiadom

6 hours ago, Walt said:

Hunt is good enough to be a Championship right back / wing back for us. First season under CC, him and Pudil were key to the system working. Second season saw him isolated as CC generally played Wallace narrow. Hunt was often left facing 2v1 situations and was expected to deal with that and then provide the attacking width 70 yards up the pitch. The lad can not be faulted for giving 100% effort and runs as quickly running back to goal as he does going forward (a massively unedrated virtue). Compare Hunts work rate to that of Palmer’s, Palmer should be embarrassed by how half arsed his showings are.

Yes Hunt’s final ball could be better and yes he sometimes gets done at the back post when defending but for a Championship full back he’s not bad. 

No issues in bringing in another right back/wing back as Hunt is often injured and Palmer is about the same standard as Fox.

No he is not bad , Personally I dont want not bad 

Aint going to be successful with not bad .

30 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

No he is not bad , Personally I dont want not bad 

Aint going to be successful with not bad .

Wrong imo. Look at Cardiff, you don't need a team of superstars or even very good standard Championship player to compete in this division. Make your team up from not bad Championship players with the right attitude, work rate, organisation and have a decent balance to your squad and you've got a chance. Add to the mix a couple of FF types and you've got more than a chance.

Hunt is the least of our worries and we still need the same type of players as when we lost the Play Off Final to Hull. Like I said before I'd be open to bringing in another right back / wing back as Hunt is often injured and Palmer is garbage. Left back / Wing back would be my priority and I wonder if Jos will be looking to bring in players that are sort of utility types where they can play the wingback / winger role as he said he wants more than one way of playing.that type would be handy to have if we were to go 352 and then change to 4231 

On 01/05/2018 at 12:20, Adam Reachs left peg said:

He’s going to Leeds 

Not sure Hecky will last the summer - new manager might not fancy him.

Also Leeds fans reckon the main reason they've been poo at the back this season (other than Bartley not being there) is that the pikey right back (Ayling?) has been injured for much of the season - if Yiadom has got anything about him he won't want to be just a squad player - even for the Champions of Europe  

20 hours ago, Walt said:

you don't need a team of superstars or even very good standard Championship player to compete in this division. Make your team up from not bad Championship players with the right attitude, work rate, organisation and have a decent balance to your squad and you've got a chance.

Completely agree with this. For me having this or not having this can be the difference between going down or having a chance of going up. It's absolutely massive if the players are willing to run through a brick wall for the manager and he has the right tactics/balance to the team.

Edited by Sticky belly