Andy Yiadom

Mentioned him in another thread.

Very good full back at Barnsley, pretty much their best player. Pacey and out of contract.

Played on wing for Barnet, could be perfect for Jos 3-5-2 formation as a wing back. Right back is definitely a position we could improve on.

However, would Barnsley fans bully him out of a move to us? 

4 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

They wished the pox on us for having the money to sign Winnall, don't think they would be able to breathe if we signed him. 

But they're rich now they've been taken over! They can now offer the living wage.

As Barnsley as a place is about 30 years behind the rest of the country, I'd expect the club to break the £1 million pound transfer fee paid by 2025.

Edited by RobbieOwler

32 minutes ago, RobbieOwler said:

Very good full back at Barnsley, pretty much their best player. Pacey and out of contract.
Played on wing for Barnet, could be perfect for Jos 3-5-2 formation as a wing back. Right back is definitely a position we could improve on.

Just shows how much we under value Jack Hunt, who is 10 times the player Yiadom is.

• Haha 2

Definitely the type of player that you’d think we would be in for, be a bit of a battle between us and Leeds to land him. 

As mentioned, he and Fabio both out of contract and both be good additions to the fullback slots. 

35 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

They wished the pox on us for having the money to sign Winnall, don't think they would be able to breathe if we signed him. 

Yes, because Barnsley would have such a big say in where an out of contract player would go?

9 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Just shows how much we under value Jack Hunt, who is 10 times the player Yiadom is.

Maybe. I was going to argue that Jack Hunt is injury prone and age is against him. Just wiki'd him, he's 28! I thought Jack Hunt was 32ish!

He's off to Leeds is the whisper here in taarn. That might change though is Hecky leaves. He is a decent right back tbf and we can't rely on Hunt being fit these days. Also I would take Fryers at left back, he's been decent for them too, would do better in a better side imo (if that makes sense.)

53 minutes ago, RobbieOwler said:

Who givesafuck what the Dingles think. They're nobodies and they'll be in League 1 (I hope).