next seasons captain

5 minutes ago, Halifax Owls said:

I've said before that I'm using Pudil as a bit of a weathervane here (opportunity for all you photoshoppers). Whether or not he goes or stays will tell ME a lot about Jos as a coach and possibly where we are financially. 

He's filled in OK as a CB (and fair play to him) where he's been protected a little more than in his natural FB position. He is another 30 plus player who knows that his legs have gone and is struggling to keep his head above water at this level. 

I may be doing him a disservice here but because of this he takes the easy option too many times or develops a limp and takes on fluids. Apologies for singling out Daniel as he's not on his own. His retirement plan should be funded elsewhere.

Oh and after walking out of the ground on new years day I would have bitten your hand off if you offered me a 10 point gap at this stage of the season.

If Pudil goes I'm sure it will free up some decent funds to bring in a hungry young replacement. I'm sure he's on a decent wage here being an International with 30 odd caps to his name when he negotiated his deal. 

I'm sure that freed from the wage would be more than  enough to entice a young left back. Or centre half. 

The problem is. ..Whilst the wages might be freed up well not get any fee. And any younger , promising replacement would surely cost a fee. 

Same with many of the positions that need strengthening really. 

15 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

with Glenn more than likely leaving at the end of the season.

think we need a new captain .for Me lees is not captain material,hides to much and not a leader at all.

who would you think deserves/can step up to be club Captain

Hides too much! A central defender who wins pretty much every defensive header, is composed and rarely takes risks. Lees is our most accomplished player si should definitely be captain. Vice captain when fit is Hooper. 

15 hours ago, Wonder Spaniel said:

Hutchinson all day long in terms of galvanising his team and commitment etc. Sadly it's not going to happens due to lack of appearances and potential overzealous. Shame, as with the right guidance I really think that he'd thrive with the added responsibility.

I'd agree he is the natural successor in terms of leadership organisation and attitude. For me we move him back into cb alongside Lees and give him the armband. He's less volatile, less reckless and with cb being less physically demanding than cm would play far more games again. Remember under gray and in Carlos first season he played over 30 games those seasons, so managed properly and playing cb once Jos has them fully game fit again is not beyond the realms of possibility. 

Reading this has just made me think of the strong characters we had in the squad last time we got promoted from this division - Pearson, Anderson, Palmer, Wilson, Shirtliff, Harkes, Hirst, Nilsson, Sheridan...not to mention the legend Trevor Francis. We weren’t short of choices then!