Today’s line up

Guest wilyfox
14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Think there's more than a dollop of 'needs must'. 

I appreciate that, but if that does turn out to be the confirmed XI, I'd prefer to see Venâncio in the middle, Pudil on the left and either of Nielsen or O'Grady on the right. Accommodating Thorniley pushes Pudil a little out of position.

..and that midfield three just looks all wrong to me. 

11 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I appreciate that, but if that does turn out to be the confirmed XI, I'd prefer to see Venâncio in the middle, Pudil on the left and either of Nielsen or O'Grady on the right. Accommodating Thorniley pushes Pudil a little out of position.

..and that midfield three just looks all wrong to me. 

A gee with that. 

Though I'm told Thorniley is the best rated of the young ones. 

Would like to see the new lad in the middle Prob for Wallace. 

Though the argument against my case would be his performance against the Blunts which was very good 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

A gee with that. 

Though I'm told Thorniley is the best rated of the young ones. 

Would like to see the new lad in the middle Prob for Wallace. 

Though the argument against my case would be his performance against the Blunts which was very good 

It was dogged and determined not to get beaten, but wouldn't go so far as to say good. Very workmanlike, all put a shift in, but we lost the midfield battle. Didn't keep the ball well enough, and there was no connection between Joao and Rhodes at all. 

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

It was dogged and determined not to get beaten, but wouldn't go so far as to say good. Very workmanlike, all put a shift in, but we lost the midfield battle. Didn't keep the ball well enough, and there was no connection between Joao and Rhodes at all. 

I don't think we were ever going to go there and dominate. Especially with the form we'd been in. But for me that was the best id seen from Wallace and Jones for months. In fact in Jones' case the best I've seen from him full stop.  Determined and dogged can get you a long way.

As today's opposition manager knows only too well!

I prefer Nuhiu as a foil for a faster striker like Joao. 

Do get the impression from the interview though that Jos is keen to keep Rhodes in and 'find the ways to do what he did before'.

Whether he can... different matter.