Winnall

Guest RocketOwl
3 hours ago, devonshire owl said:

So derby have signed another forward,does that mean sam is on his way back to us?

Apparently he's a meanie and not allowed back. 

season long loan isn't it?

I know one thing Derby had our pants down with the Winnall/Buttercup swop

I'd have him back in the summer - clean slate new manager type thing etc etc plus we could off load Fletcher & Nuhiu

2 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

I’d have agreed if Carlos was still here but JL maybe able to get him firing properly..

Different set up now which may help those frozen out under the last management team.

Lewis McGugan is probably still knocking around

3 hours ago, George said:

Anyone who has a good pop at FF is okay with me. 

Why? 

I get that FF brought criticism on himself with his refusal to play against Norwich, and the 2 x red cards that he picked up against Preston were his own fault.  Isn't it time to get over those incidents though?

1 hour ago, ash60s said:

season long loan isn't it?

I know one thing Derby had our pants down with the Winnall/Buttercup swop

I'd have him back in the summer - clean slate new manager type thing etc etc plus we could off load Fletcher & Nuhiu

How on earth are we going to offload Fletcher without paying up his contract?  Which club are going to want to sign him?

He is a sunk investment.  And a very costly and ill-judged one IMO.  His contract is now a liability that we have to honour.

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Why the hell would Winnall want to return after being ousted out for the little darling FF.

The SW vs FF thing probably didn't carry much weight in the decision to loan out SW.

We were over-resourced with strikers (because of poor recruitment in previous transfer windows) and needed cover for CM (because of poor recruitment in previous transfer windows).  So the loan swap for Winnall/Butterfield happened.

The question you should be asking is; Why the hell would Winnall want to return to a relegation battle, when he is playing for a winning side, scoring goals and the club he's at now, is on course for promotion?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Captain said:

The question you should be asking is; Why the hell would Winnall want to return to a relegation battle, when he is playing for a winning side, scoring goals and the club he's at now, is on course for promotion?

And to think some on here turned their nose up at the suggestion we should get Rowett in to replace CC when he was available...

2 minutes ago, Almat said:

And to think some on here turned their nose up at the suggestion we should get Rowett in to replace CC when he was available...

Indeed - following his bizarre sacking from Birmingham, I remember the accepted wisdom on here was that Rowett's teams only played unattractive percentage football.  Y'know because Wednesday were always Barcelona-esque under Cowboy Carvalhal.

Rowett's record at both Burton Albion and Birmingham City speaks for itself.  From the outside looking in, he appeared to have got the best out of a limited set of players at both clubs - that's what top managers do.

Those posters seem to have gone a bit quiet on Rowett's success at Derby, bless 'em.

1 hour ago, The Captain said:

Why? 

I get that FF brought criticism on himself with his refusal to play against Norwich, and the 2 x red cards that he picked up against Preston were his own fault.  Isn't it time to get over those incidents though?

How on earth are we going to offload Fletcher without paying up his contract?  Which club are going to want to sign him?

He is a sunk investment.  And a very costly and ill-judged one IMO.  His contract is now a liability that we have to honour.

The SW vs FF thing probably didn't carry much weight in the decision to loan out SW.

We were over-resourced with strikers (because of poor recruitment in previous transfer windows) and needed cover for CM (because of poor recruitment in previous transfer windows).  So the loan swap for Winnall/Butterfield happened.

True. And means if they do want to buy him at end of season his stock will have risen and we might be able to get 5m+ for him

2 hours ago, The Captain said:

Why? 

Maybe because we're the club what he is contraced to?WTF: