Positives vs Negatives

43 minutes ago, scram said:

I actually thought Loovens pulled back from making a tackle because he realised he couldn't get to the ball

Very harsh for a 2nd yellow imo

It was harsh but bloody clumsey as their player was going into a dead alley.

Also the ref view must have saw him go straight into him.

Loovens for me is a complete liability though and if it wasnt for the rest of his team mates putting a shift in after it cudda cost us.

Clumsey when on a yellow.

Thought we played well today. Big improvement from the Burton game. 

We looked more organised and more confident. And that's just our 2nd team really.

I know it's early days, but Jos has had what, 5 days with the team, and a steel city derby is a very tough game to have as your first. Early signs are that we are in good hands with our new leader. Let's hope it continues. 

Thought Jones looked really good tonight. Also thought reach played well in the centre. 

Either Wallace or Palmer m.o.m today for me. Wildsmith was great also. 

Uto!!! 

51 minutes ago, scram said:

I actually thought Loovens pulled back from making a tackle because he realised he couldn't get to the ball

Very harsh for a 2nd yellow imo

Think it was more he realised he was already on a booking, I thought he covered the ground well and probably would have won the ball had he gone to ground 

Positives, how good was it to see a fully committed team giving their all and still nearly nicking it with ten men . We were well organised and stuck to the game plan they had one decent effort which was testament to that . Some players gave their best performances in a long time if we had a few more players available I think we could have won 

negatives wallace and loovens suspended loovens especially has we are short at centre half and of course Rhodes who was awful 

get some players back fitness levels up and wins will come overall well pleased 

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

Another positive is Boyd getting more minutes. 

Another Positive was Nuhiu with that scythe tackle. Tek him down Adte.

Agreed!

Nuhiu's tackle was the best I've seen since the days of Lawrie Madden. He certainly gave Stearman a much harder time when he came on.

The biggest positive for me is simple, it's the first time this season I've seen a team.

They played together, they all knew their roles, no barneys at each other and a full on professional performance. That is what is giving me hope. Even when we turned the odd good performance out against Forest and Leeds earlier in the season we gave away plenty of guilt edged chances. Here, up against it we refused to let them in and the desire was there for all to see. Jos has shown that you can be solid defensively and pose a threat going forward too, all with what is effectively a reserve team away in an absolute cauldron of filth.

First time this season I've been proud of us and even if the blavdes had nicked it at the death I'd be saying the same, there is hope.