At the point of collapse

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

There isn't one player on our books that would go the Premier League. Westwood for his saves has poor distribution

Lee is injury prone but I  struggle to work out what his actual role is as he often disappears in games

Hooper Bannan and Rhodes have already been there and were deemed not good enough.

Oh but silly me I forgot we do have a player wanted by a Premier League club in George Hirst that our club has messed around.

We have spiked an awful lot of money on silly wages and have seen no value whatsoever for it.

The way our best ever academy prospect has been treated is indicative of how our club is being run.

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

Doesn't matter who it was our squad is bloated and stealing a living.

It’s the going rate for the players we have signed, the trick is getting the manager to get the best out of them.

no one was crying about how much they were earning 18 months ago.

It would be interesting to find out (at some point soon) just what the truth is about the situation at SWFC. I think we’d all like to know: What goes on in training in terms of fitness work, ball work, set pieces, how to defend etc?

Why do so many players get injured so often?

Are injured players being used on the bench to make up numbers as they seem to be rarely used (Abdi, Matias et al)?

Do the players know when and how to shoot?

Why, if these (and other) problems are glaringly obvious to the supporters, does the club fail to see them?

I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but don’t others on here feel they’re not being given the full picture? Everything that comes out of the club by way of the press/ other media sounds like spin to me most of the time.

I feel for every Wednesdayite living in the local area at the moment what with dem Blavdes ruling the roost at the moment, I’m well out of it in Cornwall but it is still depressing and disappointing to see the club in a ‘reyt state’.:wacko:

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

It’s the going rate for the players we have signed, the trick is getting the manager to get the best out of them.

no one was crying about how much they were earning 18 months ago.

Which other club would have matched Fletcher's wage on a 4 year deal?

Boyd got a better offer from us than Premier League Burnley.

4 hours ago, FutureOwl said:

Players are as frustrated as the fans with the turgid tactics and the fact that the club has been treading water for 18 months but now slowing sinking 

Carlos has brainwashed DC and is just doing all he can to save his own skin. 

The likes of Lee, Hooper, Bannan, Rhodes, Westwood etc will be looking to get out of this circus in January. They have careers to think of and don’t want to be stuck in a huge rut. 

Best players start to leave, squad disillusioned then REAL problems start. 

Carlos needs to go now or we will end up back in League 1, no fans, garbage players. 

Someone needs to explain to DC that his investment is about to blow up in his face unless he changes staff immediately. 

I disagree...these players mentioned have it cushy and know which side their bread is buttered - none of them (maybe Westwood) are good enough for the Premier League, so will be quite happy being paid good wages at a nearly-but-not-quite-good enough Championship team. They'll be happy as long as they win more matches than they lose.

4 hours ago, Muffinman said:

And six of those were injured. Would have been a different result with those available. Our reserves almost won last night. Too much doom and gloom around.

How did we almost win that we had one weak header on target