Right...Team for Saturday

3 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

That's what I'm getting at. 

Our plan B is so much better than our plan A, why doesn't Carlos see it as a viable starting formation? 

I suppose his argument will be the different dynamics at different stages in a game. If a team is leading, they're more likely to be compact, tougher to break down and less likely to pose a threat attacking wise. 

He'll only throw caution to the wind in those circumstances. He has no their option.

Says a lot about his mentality. You look at a manager like Wilder for instance, and he'll be looking to attack teams early. Score goals and do the damage asap. Then see the game out.

Carlos does the opposite.

We'll probably beat Wolves in a few weeks, just as we beat Villa a few weeks ago - and just as we beat Newcastle home and away last season.

That's when the plan A works well - ironically enough, because all the players seem to have the bit between their teeth, and are chasing for every ball, we actually look like an attacking outfit in those games.

The problem is when teams 'plan A' us; we quite bizarrely seem to 'plan A' them back!

7 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

True. He does spend most of the first half trying to work out the opposites. Strange really, when you can work that out watching how they've played, home & away, from previous seasons and previous games. Going behind wakes us up, for sure, but it's far easier to manage a game when you're winning. We never seem to try & score first. Wonder if it's all a betting scam? :biggrin:

I genuinely sometimes wonder whether we do our main research on teams during the first-half of when we play them.

Westwood

Palmer - needs a run and I think he'll be better than hunt

Lees

Van Aken - needs game time to mature

Fox

Butterfield

Lee - Both sit and distribute balls forward

Bannan - roaming role can go ring wing or central behind front 2

Reach - roaming role can go left wing or central behind front 2

Joao

Hooper

Bench:

Wildsmith

Hunt

Jones

Nuhiu

Wallace

Fletcher

Loovens

If we had a right winger or fessi I would play 4-3-3 and put fessi on one wing and Reach on the other and play Joao through the middle, Hooper to the bench and Wallace out of the squad. All players out of this squad need to be shopped around to try and get offers ready for Jan. I would shop for holding midfielder and right winger in Jan. I would use the loan market for this.

..........             Westwood 

Palmer   Venancio  Loovens     Fox

Abdi        Jones       Bannan      Matias

Rhodes   Nuhiu

Give that a go 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

4-3fucking3.

EVERY time we play with 3 attackers on the pitch, we look good, cause problems and score goals.  

Time and time again we switch to it to rescue to a game like last night. We were actually 2-1 up from the moment we switched.

Why can't Carlos see this?

I expect he can. Comes across as stubborn. Everyone out of step except him.

11 hours ago, CLswfc said:

So you would pick Bannan who you have just described in another post as 'cowardly' 

So you negged me because I caught you out Frastherowl. Tut tut. Man up.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 08:40, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Why are we kidding ourselves?! 

It will be 4-4-2 and we all know it.

If we're lucky we might see one or two player changes but I can 100% guarantee he will not drop Lees.

I have been told Lees Hunt Butters Wallace Rhodes and Hooper out tomorrow

On 22/11/2017 at 23:17, frastheowl said:

But we're capable of so much more, in terms of freshening things up.

Nuhiu for example...been criminally underused this season, when you take into account the only striker to show any sort of form, is Hooper. We've an abundance of riches in the striking department, and despite only one of them hitting any kind of form, we've only played three of them from the off. 

Joao, underused.

Abdi, underused.

Matias, underused.

Venancio, underused. 

Pudil has only started at full back twice this season, and Palmer only once. 

And that's not mentioning the mysterious case of George Boyd, underused, before his shoulder injury.

That's five players who could be the, or at least, an answer to the current dire straits we find ourselves in.

I mean, our Under 23's are currently sitting at the top of their league once again, after winning it last season. There could be a solution to our problems within that crop of youngsters. (Although, I accept the current apathetic, rather tense atmosphere at Hillsborough, may not be the best time to blood a young'un).

There's options there...he's just blind of them. 

The last time he was in the pitch Joao showed us exactly why he's been on the bench, and anyone that would bench a healthy Rhodes, Hooper, FF, or Fletcher for him should be institutionalised. 

Abdi hasn't been fit, and has been requiring two days off of training for every one he completes. 

Pudil shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven unless Adam Reach is playing further up field and Fox's legs have been amputated. 

George Boyd played in 4 of the 6 games he's been available for, and hasn't been remotely underused. 

Not really as dire as you suggest. 

Venancio is something of a question mark though - I'm wondering if maybe his English isn't up to par and it's difficult communication wise out there. No interviews or anything that I've seen to indicate he speaks English.  (Just my theory though, seems as plausible as any)