Thoughts after tonight

5 hours ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

Adam Reach is a really good footballer - to me he's showing the same sort of signs that Kieran Lee did in terms of being a quality player.

Overall we have a group that can turn this season around.

Of that there is no doubt, but can they do it under Carlos?

29 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

I agree that we severely lack pace. We are so slow with our build up play and teams have learnt to simply sit back and let us have it.

When was the last time we put anyone through one on one?

Leeds at Hillsborough weren't it?  FF put through twice and fluffed em both

Thought they just concentrated on getting the basics right last night,kept it simple,started well,gave a really soft goal away,but used the ball well at times.

Some very good individual performances,most noticebly from Bannan who ran all night,nice to see Rhodes score.

Yeah pretty pleased,simular team type display at Villa and Il be happy going into the break,give us something to build on

10 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Anyone said we're just papering over the cracks yet etc?  It's all a bit a rasher short of a full English innit?

So is getting excited about a "streaky" home win against one of the pre-season relegation favourites.

7 hours ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

Adam Reach is a really good footballer - to me he's showing the same sort of signs that Kieran Lee did in terms of being a quality player.

Overall we have a group that can turn this season around.

Adam Reach will end up in League one

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

My thoughts are: "Big wow, we scaped a 2-1 win at home against one of the worst sides in the division".

That result did us no favours at all in the long run.

Going to Villa on Saturday and can't wait but fully expect normal service to resume and for us to lose by 2 or 3.

It's time for a change, Carlos has taken this group of players as far as he can.