Hooper and Joao

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

This is the partnership I'm excited to see.

Yes Fletcher and Hooper are doing excellently but when Fletcher requires a rest I'd Ike to see how Hooper and Joao link.

When Hooper drops into the hole and picks up little pockets off space, often he lools up for a through ball but rarely has anyone willing to run past him.

I feel Joao could unlock even more from Hooper. Allowing him another pass that he can definitely find with his vision.

Thank God for Hooper.

15 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

This is the partnership I'm excited to see.

Yes Fletcher and Hooper are doing excellently but when Fletcher requires a rest I'd Ike to see how Hooper and Joao link.

When Hooper drops into the hole and picks up little pockets off space, often he lools up for a through ball but rarely has anyone willing to run past him.

I feel Joao could unlock even more from Hooper. Allowing him another pass that he can definitely find with his vision.

Thank God for Hooper.

Well it's not going to be Hooper and Rhodes you're excited to see is it! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest RocketOwl
4 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Well it's not going to be Hooper and Rhodes you're excited to see is it! lol

I would like to see Hooper and Rhodes together just to see what the excuses will be then lol 

Joao has potential and has all the technical attributes. ..

But even when he's had a run of games there's one thing he hasn't managed to show that Fletcher has- consistency. 

In fact. .he can be inconsistent in the same game. 

10 minutes of looking sharp against the blunts...followed by 10 minutes of running into dead ends and losing the ball. 

Another who would benefit from more regular football. 

Hoops & Joao a potenially ineffective combo, I'd worry - both like to play in similar areas, albeit in a very different style.

Joao sits deep initially and uses pace to get forward with the ball, then take up a spot around the six yard line, while Hoops likes to start from deep and lay it off before manoeuvring into position in a similar spot (also where FF likes to hover when playing as a 'striker'). Think they'd possibly get in each others' way in both areas.

Fletcher and Rhodes (sorry!) can both play more of a knock-on role that Hoops thrives on. But actually, Hooper and Rhodes are the two most similar of all our strikers - Rhodes is less physical but a bit lighter on his feet, so it's a trade-off. Fletcher is really key to anyone else scoring more than a handful this season IMO, even if he's not bagging that many himself.

Edited by Mr. Tom

32 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I hope to see Hooper and Rhodes and I still believe its our best pairing and will produce goals, a lot of goals.

No chance, it'd ruin Hooper. It's such a lazy argument just because these 2 have been the most prolific over their careers.

What evidence is there for them working well together, nothing I've seen when Rhodes replaces Fletcher suggests it'll be anything anywhere near as effective   

18 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

When Carlos has finished changing Rhodes game into Fletchers you will.

Sounds about right.

Going back to Carlos analogy of Fish and Potatoes.  

The fish, Hooper, Forestieri, Lee, Joao, Reach, Bannan etc.. - (Players that put bums on seats, your exciting players)

The potatoes, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Jones, Lees, Hutchinson etc.. (Team work players, just as important as a fish)

Rhodes is a potato, by design. Not gifted athletically. Can't change a game single handed. His game will have to change for others to thrive. I'm unsure he'll enjoy it here. 

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Sounds about right.

Going back to Carlos analogy of Fish and Potatoes.  

The fish, Hooper, Forestieri, Lee, Joao, Reach, Bannan etc.. - (Players that put bums on seats, your exciting players)

The potatoes, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Jones, Lees, Hutchinson etc.. (Team work players, just as important as a fish)

Rhodes is a potato, by design. Not gifted athletically. Can't change a game single handed. His game will have to change for others to thrive. I'm unsure he'll enjoy it here. 

Think he needs fletcher to be injured at the moment if I am honest then Carlos is forced to go with him and Hooper for 3 or 4 matches and Rhodes will know he has a run in the team.

8 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

No chance, it'd ruin Hooper. It's such a lazy argument just because these 2 have been the most prolific over their careers.

What evidence is there for them working well together, nothing I've seen when Rhodes replaces Fletcher suggests it'll be anything anywhere near as effective   

That's because when he plays with Hooper Carlos is wanting Rhodes to play the Fletcher role and well basically he ain't as good at it as Flecther is.

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

That's because when he plays with Hooper Carlos is wanting Rhodes to play the Fletcher role and well basically he ain't as good at it as Flecther is.

Not sure if it's Carlos per se, or the rest of the team. Bit of both, most likely.

I don't expect 11 men to instantly and seamlessly change an entire attack strategy on 78min (although other teams do), but what you've just said above - and what we've all seen week in, week out - can hardly have escaped the coaching staff.

Edited by Mr. Tom

17 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

I agree. But more importantly, who is the sexy lady in your avatar? 

16 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Or the fact he's usually got  about 7 minutes to try and build a partnership.

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Or the fact he's usually got  about 7 minutes to try and build a partnership.

Think that's how long Carlos thinks he can do Fletchers job for. 

Think Carlos is always going to have a Fletcher job role up for grabs now.

Nuhiu could finish might have been his.

:tango:

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think that's how long Carlos thinks he can do Fletchers job for. 

Think Carlos is always going to have a Fletcher job role up for grabs now.

Nuhiu could finish might have been his.

:tango:

Something in it. When Hooper signed full time and there were the barmy send him back threads it was when he was partnered with Nuhiu he started to settle in...

17 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Something in it. When Hooper signed full time and there were the barmy send him back threads it was when he was partnered with Nuhiu he started to settle in...

Exactly and Fletcher was signed as the better version of Nuhiu. And now if Rhodes want's game time he has to be Fletcher basically to get on the pitch.

A perfect Rhodes Hooper partnership of free flowing goals is as alien to Carlos as wingers with pace.

Only way it might happen is if Rhodes adapts into the Fletcher role and uses the goalscoring predatory instincts that Fletcher hasn't got. 

Carlos likes that forward combo of a bully and a predator. 

Hooper is the number one predator at the moment so Rhodes ain't getting that so he has to play the role of the bully.  

See this is where Carlos is being clever because if he can get Rhodes to play the bully role that he already has the hardest thing of all to teach built into him, predatory instincts. 

Then you have the perfect striker combo.

Edited by pazowl55

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Exactly and Fletcher was signed as the better version of Nuhiu. And now if Rhodes what's game time he has to be Fletcher basically to get on the pitch.

A perfect Rhodes Hooper partnership of free flowing goals is as alien to Carlos as wingers with pace.

Only way it might happen is if Rhodes adapts into the Fletcher role and uses the goalscoring predatory instincts that Fletcher hasn't got. 

Carlos like that forward combo of a bully and a predator. 

Hooper is the number one predator at the moment so Rhodes ain't getting that so he has to play the role of the bully.  

See this is where Carlos is being clever because if he can get Rhodes to play the bully role that he already has the hardest thing of all to teach built into him, predatory instincts. 

Then you have the perfect striker combo.

To be fair to Rhodes it was a lovely little knock down for Hooper when he tried to set him up for his hat-trick. Lovely cushioned header.