Derby ticket raffle

You’re not allowed to transfer tickets as per the club/league not facebook or any other means.

I would say under the circumstances maybe email the club to get their blessing on it as they could just take action irrespective of the good nature.

They probably won’t reply though so crack on.

Guest Deleted member
2 hours ago, Sam779 said:

Is this accurate though?

If so why do the club offer the opportunity to get paper tickets instead of using a season ticket card like Matti has done?

If I can’t make a game, can someone else use my Season Ticket?
No, Season Tickets are non-transferable and must be used by the supporter named on the Season Card. 

49 minutes ago, Grandad said:

If I can’t make a game, can someone else use my Season Ticket?
No, Season Tickets are non-transferable and must be used by the supporter named on the Season Card. 

But he's not doing that.  He's exchanged his season ticket cards for a paper ticket.  By doing so the club know he doesn't intend to use them and that someone else will.

It happens quite often.  The club even allow you to upgrade a child or concession st to an adult for certain matches if you pay the difference.

Guest Deleted member
8 minutes ago, Sam779 said:

But he's not doing that.  He's exchanged his season ticket cards for a paper ticket.  By doing so the club know he doesn't intend to use them and that someone else will.

It happens quite often.  The club even allow you to upgrade a child or concession st to an adult for certain matches if you pay the difference.

Yes, thats a fair point.

I guess the answer is - don't know.

Ive made a bid though - have you? :-) 

Does anyone have the oppurtunity to get me a ticket for the United game? Free pints before the game if you manage to get me one.

HirstWhoScoredIt got me 2 and Andy got me one. Love this forum! 

But now I still need one ticket as we're with four.

If you need more info about us, please read the United tickets topic.

Guest Deleted member
13 minutes ago, Sam779 said:

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Yes, thats a fair point.

I guess the answer is - don't know.

Ive made a bid though - have you? :-) 

On further reading - seems a reyt can of worms

Use of Home Match Ticket
    • 2.1 The Home Match Ticket is issued for your sole use and you shall not resell, assign or (save as set out in clause 2.3 below) transfer the Home Match Ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club. The reference to reselling the Home Match Ticket includes reference to offering to sell a Home Match Ticket, exposing a Home Match Ticket for sale, making a Home Match Ticket available for sale by another and advertising that a Home Match Ticket is available for purchase. For the avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) this Home Match Ticket may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition or transferred, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package, given to a third party who agrees to buy another good or service or used for any other commercial purpose save as expressly authorised by the FL or the Club.
    • 2.2 The unauthorised sale or disposal of tickets is a criminal offence under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 006. The Club will inform the police when it becomes aware that tickets are being sold illegally and will press for charges to be brought against those breaking this law.
    • 2.3 If more than one Home Match Ticket is issued to you one Home Match Ticket must be retained by you for personal use (subject to the provisions below) and the remainder may be transferred to your Guest(s) for his/her personal use only PROVIDED THAT such transfer takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Home Match Ticket, and such transfer does not take place in the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. Such transfer to any Guest will be subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry, which will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause or any rights to a refund under clause 3.3) apply to the Guest as if he were the original purchaser of the Home Match Ticket (and you must inform the Guest of this). You will provide the name and address of your Guest(s) when asked to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Club or any police officer. In the event that you and/or your Guest are unable to use any Home Match Ticket then you may transfer that Home Match Ticket(s) to a natural person who is known to you personally who would be entitled (under the Terms & Conditions of Entry) to purchase such Home Match Ticket and attend such Match PROVIDED THAT such transfer takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Home Match Ticket, and such transfer does not take place in the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. Such transfer will be subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry, which will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause or any rights to a refund under clause 1.4) apply to the transferee as if he were the original purchaser of the Home Match Ticket (and you must inform the transferee of this). You will provide the name and address of the transferee when asked to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Club or any police officer.
    • 2.4 The Home Match Ticket will remain the property of the Club at all times and must be produced together with evidence of your identity if required to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Club or any police officer. The Club reserves the right to require the immediate return of the Home Match Ticket at any time.
    • 2.5 Any Home Match Ticket obtained or used in breach of the Terms & Conditions of Entry shall be automatically void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such Home Match Ticket shall be nullified. Misuse of this Home Match Ticket may result in the holder being refused entry to, or ejected from, the Ground in respect of a particular Match and/or the cancellation and withdrawal of this Home Match Ticket. In the event of any cancellation and withdrawal in accordance with this clause 2.5, no refund shall be payable. The Club further reserves its right to take any legal action against any persons as it sees fit in connection with such matters, including a claim for an account of profits made from an unauthorized use of the Home Match Ticket.

Guest mrbluesky
3 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

Hope the black marks are photoshopped out only, since indelible marker pen over the bar code scanner may present a Promble! 

I can't decifer if you are being serious or I will now be whoooshed! lol

44 minutes ago, Grandad said:

On further reading - seems a reyt can of worms

Use of Home Match Ticket
    • 2.1 The Home Match Ticket is issued for your sole use and you shall not resell, assign or (save as set out in clause 2.3 below) transfer the Home Match Ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club. The reference to reselling the Home Match Ticket includes reference to offering to sell a Home Match Ticket, exposing a Home Match Ticket for sale, making a Home Match Ticket available for sale by another and advertising that a Home Match Ticket is available for purchase. For the avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) this Home Match Ticket may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition or transferred, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package, given to a third party who agrees to buy another good or service or used for any other commercial purpose save as expressly authorised by the FL or the Club.
    • 2.2 The unauthorised sale or disposal of tickets is a criminal offence under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 006. The Club will inform the police when it becomes aware that tickets are being sold illegally and will press for charges to be brought against those breaking this law.
    • 2.3 If more than one Home Match Ticket is issued to you one Home Match Ticket must be retained by you for personal use (subject to the provisions below) and the remainder may be transferred to your Guest(s) for his/her personal use only PROVIDED THAT such transfer takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Home Match Ticket, and such transfer does not take place in the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. Such transfer to any Guest will be subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry, which will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause or any rights to a refund under clause 3.3) apply to the Guest as if he were the original purchaser of the Home Match Ticket (and you must inform the Guest of this). You will provide the name and address of your Guest(s) when asked to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Club or any police officer. In the event that you and/or your Guest are unable to use any Home Match Ticket then you may transfer that Home Match Ticket(s) to a natural person who is known to you personally who would be entitled (under the Terms & Conditions of Entry) to purchase such Home Match Ticket and attend such Match PROVIDED THAT such transfer takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Home Match Ticket, and such transfer does not take place in the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. Such transfer will be subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry, which will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause or any rights to a refund under clause 1.4) apply to the transferee as if he were the original purchaser of the Home Match Ticket (and you must inform the transferee of this). You will provide the name and address of the transferee when asked to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Club or any police officer.
    • 2.4 The Home Match Ticket will remain the property of the Club at all times and must be produced together with evidence of your identity if required to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Club or any police officer. The Club reserves the right to require the immediate return of the Home Match Ticket at any time.
    • 2.5 Any Home Match Ticket obtained or used in breach of the Terms & Conditions of Entry shall be automatically void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such Home Match Ticket shall be nullified. Misuse of this Home Match Ticket may result in the holder being refused entry to, or ejected from, the Ground in respect of a particular Match and/or the cancellation and withdrawal of this Home Match Ticket. In the event of any cancellation and withdrawal in accordance with this clause 2.5, no refund shall be payable. The Club further reserves its right to take any legal action against any persons as it sees fit in connection with such matters, including a claim for an account of profits made from an unauthorized use of the Home Match Ticket.

You've got too much time on your hands.

I don't disagree that what Matti's doing might contravene a few rules and regulations.  Whilst I admire his attempt at raising some money for charity, I think he should have left the idea well alone and just informed the club they could sell his seats as he wouldn't be in attendance.

Likewise people helping randomers from other countries wanting to attend - let fans who have acquired the requisite TPP attend instead of letting day-trippers jump the queue.

Guest Deleted member
Just now, Sam779 said:

I don't disagree that what Matti's doing might contravene a few rules and regulations.  Whilst I admire his attempt at raising some money for charity, I think he should have left the idea well alone and just informed the club they could sell his seats as he wouldn't be in attendance.

Likewise people helping randomers from other countries wanting to attend - let fans who have acquired the requisite TPP attend instead of letting day-trippers jump the queue.

I take long coffee breaks lol

I admire Matti for what hes doing - trying to raise a few £'s for the Kids Hospital is never a bad thing. I just didnt want him to trip himself up while he was doing so. 

2 minutes ago, Sam779 said:

Bit xenophobic. 

Guest mrbluesky

Totally off topic but this came up on the adverts while I was reading through the comments and laughing, this made me laugh even harder! And no I haven't been searching dating websites as I share the laptop with the strife!!:ph34r:

IMG_6312.PNG

1 minute ago, Sam779 said:

Yeah those who book flights 3 months ahead don’t deserve to go even if they have manage to beg a ticket off someone who may not be able to go anyway and their ticket would be wasted. 

Local tickets for local people.

5 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Yeah those who book flights 3 months ahead don’t deserve to go even if they have manage to beg a ticket off someone who may not be able to go anyway and their ticket would be wasted. 

Local tickets for local people.

Oh god, what have I started now.

Someone like yourself has probably acquired enough TPP to get a ticket for yourself.  But it isn't my business who does what with their unused tickets, but they can be resold by the club (I think) as I've done it with my nephew's ST seat a couple of times before.

As for booking flights; I've got an away ST but never book trains etc until Sky games are confirmed.  Maybe booking a flight before you've acquired a ticket is a bit of a risk, but that's up to you.

Edited by Sam779

1 minute ago, Sam779 said:

Oh god, what have I started now.

Someone like yourself has probably acquired enough TPP to get a ticket for yourself.  But it isn't my business who does what with their unused tickets, but they can be resold by the club (I think) as I've done it with my nephew's ST seat a couple of times before.

As for booking flights; I've got an away ST but never book trains etc until Sky games are confirmed.  Maybe booking a flight before you've acquired a ticket is a bit of a risk, but that's up to you.

I just don’t think pointing at us ‘foreigners’ is very nice.  Many supporters clubs/groups see this as the must go to game.  Its the only one guaranteed to sell regardless of form and its every man/woman/gayer for themself in my opinion.

No other home game will be as over subscribed as this so its a one off.  I apppreciate you also travel but flights, and usually hotels, as it wasn’t guaranteed to be Saturday or Sunday,  are very expensive if you wait for a ticket.

I cant go this year anyway but I helped a couple of the Irish lads out through a Good Samaritan.

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, acquiescefc said:

I just don’t think pointing at us ‘foreigners’ is very nice.  Many supporters clubs/groups see this as the must go to game.  Its the only one guaranteed to sell regardless of form and its every man/woman/gayer for themself in my opinion.

No other home game will be as over subscribed as this so its a one off.  I apppreciate you also travel but flights, and usually hotels, as it wasn’t guaranteed to be Saturday or Sunday,  are very expensive if you wait for a ticket.

I cant go this year anyway but I helped a couple of the Irish lads out through a Good Samaritan.

Even as a 'foreign' supporter you could purchase a club membership - meaning you'd be guaranteed a ticket while putting some funds into the club?

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Even as a 'foreign' supporter you could purchase a club membership - meaning you'd be guaranteed a ticket while putting some funds into the club?

Yep and we’ve had one every year but I don’t think £50 is a fair price for the benefits, not the i begrudge the stupid amounts ive spent on this club.....and don’t mention the £10 off games that never materialized after Villa.

We’ve been asking for 10 game season tickets that would be much better value but they also never came.