Derby ticket raffle

2 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Maybe because the idea is that people who have no chance of getting a ticket can win them?

Has it sold out already? 

Guest mrbluesky
5 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Has it sold out already? 

Only an armchair fan or part timer would ask that.

Edited by mrbluesky

Guest Deleted member

Just giving specifically states that you should not be receiving tickets in exchange

Maybe you could do a raffle for a plaque or sticker for the seat? With access only available to place the plaque on the seat on the actual times of the Derby match?

13 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Just giving specifically states that you should not be receiving tickets in exchange

Maybe you could do a raffle for a plaque or sticker for the seat? With access only available to place the plaque on the seat on the actual times of the Derby match?

Yeah that's what I'm doing.  Exactly that.

Why is it so hard to do something nice?

Just not bothered...

Guest Deleted member
Just now, mattitheowl said:

Yeah that's what I'm doing.  Exactly that.

Why is it so hard to do something nice?

Sadly it's because there are so many crooks around who fleece people while pretending to do something nice

Guest Deleted member
11 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

True. But if the nice guys give up for that reason, then we're fu*ked. That must resonate with you.

Absolutely it does

I'd just hate for someone doing something nice to fall foul of the law, or alternatively fall foul of the club's rules on transfer of tickets (tickets are non transferable) *edit just seen the above post on this rule

Edited by Deleted member

Just now, Grandad said:

Absolutely it does

I'd just hate for someone doing something nice to fall foul of the law, or alternatively fall foul of the club's rules on transfer of tickets (tickets are non transferable)

See what you mean.

A fellow like you may be able to engineer a win-win situation?

Guest Deleted member
6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

See what you mean.

A fellow like you may be able to engineer a win-win situation?

The easiest way would be to request donations entirely separate to tickets.

It's an admirable cause. I can see he's aiming for £250. That should be easily achievable.

He could then speak to Alistair Wilson at the ticket office (I'm happy to do this if he likes) to gain a one off approval to do the ticket loan, confirming that anybody who is coming is on the club's database (so no blades)

Complicated. But probably best now it's in the public domain

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The easiest way would be to request donations entirely separate to tickets.

It's an admirable cause. I can see he's aiming for £250. That should be easily achievable.

He could then speak to Alistair Wilson at the ticket office (I'm happy to do this if he likes) to gain a one off approval to do the ticket loan, confirming that anybody who is coming is on the club's database (so no blades)

Complicated. But probably best now it's in the public domain

Thanks for taking the trouble. Looks like a win-win to me. Hope Matt is reading his own thread.

Guest mrbluesky

It only gets noticed when people are being a bit melodramatic,worse case scenario is club puts a stop to it and takes action only for said person with proof on Owlstalk that he`s doing it through genuine reasons, as we all know Mr.C reads this site, that in turn Mr.C makes a massoooove donation to said charity,then sh** gets real when Mr.C makes matti head of marketing/merchandising,matti pulls off the deal of the century by signing a kit deal with JOBA who produce a kit ready for June so all the `fat lads` can go to Sh*galuf` and wear the new shirt proudly and the knock on effect is the 150th anniversary shirts they didn`t shift can go to Africa all 300,000 of them.

matti is carried on the shoulders of Mr.C`s family  in to the ground of the 2018/19 season, our first back in the Premiership with Carlo`s thick black locks flowing in the summer breeze,all the while Grandad is sat in his Kop seat muttering the words..."it cuddav been me!" while matti proudly takes his seat on the throne next Mr.C smiling smugly then a stony glance across the hallowed turf he catches Grandad`s eye and mouths the immortal words...  "look at me you fat Tango lookalike"  

11 hours ago, A12owl said:

You need to be careful as the SWFC rules state that season tickets must be used by the registered owner. Anyone found contravening the rule will loose the season ticket. Be wary. There should be a way round it legally but no idea what that would be. 

11 hours ago, Grandad said:

Absolutely it does

I'd just hate for someone doing something nice to fall foul of the law, or alternatively fall foul of the club's rules on transfer of tickets (tickets are non transferable) *edit just seen the above post on this rule

Is this accurate though?

If so why do the club offer the opportunity to get paper tickets instead of using a season ticket card like Matti has done?