SWFC Loan Watch Returns! (part one)

This one hasn't been announced officially yet, but the following link more or less spells it out ...

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/sean-clare-sheffield-wednesday-gillingham-157941/

Sean's loan spell would seem like the polar opposite of Jack Stobbs'

He made his debut from the bench and went on to establish himself as an automatic choice, either in midfield, as RB or as right wing-back

This versatility plus the level of performance made him popular with supporters and each of the three coach/managers he's played under down there

An unqualified success then ...

His stats  -  26 appearances in total, comprising:

League 1               P21         W7         D8        L6

Cups                      P5           W2         D1        L2

As the link also suggests, the loan period has expired

Gillingham seem eager to extend it, as does Sean himself by the sounds, but our current injury woes offer a chance for him to demonstrate just how far he's progressed over the past four and a bit months

Either way he has it all to play for IMO

Well done, Sean

Still waiting for word on Jordan Thorniley

His loan period is also due to expire and the following link suggests he'll be returning to Hillsborough as well

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/accrington_stanley/news/15808025.Accrington_Stanley_boss_Coleman_assess_loan_options/?ref=mac

The fact that he's missed out these past few weeks through injury will probably influence matters, but reading their manager's comments it's clear the numbers don't add up

ie. The need to reduce the number of loanees from the first half of the season and his wish to bring in three or four more

Dare say we'll find out today and I can just about wrap this thread up   :biggrin:

Confirmation now on the OS that Jordan Thorniley is back at S6

Accrington had a strong start to the season and Jordan, used as a CB with our U23s, quickly established himself as their first choice left back

Their manager would rotate for cup games which led to greater competition for places but injury seemed to cost him his place in the side

So we have a comparison here ...

League (with Jordan)            P14      W8       D2        L4            =    1.86pts per game

(without Jordan)          P10      W4       D2        L4            =    1.4pts per game

plus cup apps              P3                   D2        L1           

He also picked up five yellow cards but avoided a suspension

All in all - not bad

Good enough to break into the 1st team squad?  Wouldn't have thought so tbf

News just in that Jake Kean has joined Grimsby until the end of the season

Which means there'll be a (part two) to follow this one

I know Sam Winnall is still out, but I could hardly justify a whole thread to follow the progress of one player

Still, I'm sure there'll be more outgoings before the end of the month so until the next time ..........

451262.jpg

• Like 2

With Penney and Thorniley now firmly in the frame surely they can put pressure on Morgan Fox at left back ??  Personally I think Pudils legs have gone 

Guest Copthorneowl
47 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

News just in that Jake Kean has joined Grimsby until the end of the season

Which means there'll be a (part two) to follow this one

I know Sam Winnall is still out, but I could hardly justify a whole thread to follow the progress of one player

Still, I'm sure there'll be more outgoings before the end of the month so until the next time ..........

451262.jpg

Well done ETT can't for the life of me understand why you're not getting the same number of plusses that Paulie got and that Snooty gets !!!!!!!

let's face it youve  got a much nicer username (imo of course)

lol

6 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Well done ETT can't for the life of me understand why you're not getting the same number of plusses that Paulie got and that Snooty gets !!!!!!!

I know, it's hard to figure out

I don't even get a plus from the fella who says I deserve more   :picnic:

Guest Copthorneowl
1 minute ago, Ethel The Tree said:

I know, it's hard to figure out

I don't even get a plus from the fella who says I deserve more   :picnic:

Done.

I was waiting for yours  first.

:tango:

6 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

One of those ill-advised social media comments

Basically praising Brooks for the way he embarrassed Jack Hunt that one time

Not the done thing, is it

no & probably the only thing in his defense was he wasn't the only one

Jordan Lochar (think that's his name) & George Hirst also liked a photo from david brooks megging jack hunt

JT actually commented saying something like ' MY MAN!' absolutely idiotic & he'll have to be a very good defender for me to forgive him

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

With Penney and Thorniley now firmly in the frame surely they can put pressure on Morgan Fox at left back ??  Personally I think Pudils legs have gone 

Not sure Thorniley's future is at left back, and besides I don't think he's close to ready for the Championship just yet

If ever a performance justified a player losing his place in the side, then most of us agree it was Fox v Burton

Pudil, I dunno - unfit or simply off form?

Either way, the door must surely open now for Matt Penney

A cup tie against League 2 opposition?

Stake that claim!

16 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

One of those ill-advised social media comments

Basically praising Brooks for the way he embarrassed Jack Hunt that one time

Not the done thing, is it

Oh ok

He'll probably have to eat some humble pie when he's back among the first team players - if they had anything about them they'd leave him fully aware of what a stupid pr1ck he'd been

Hirst and any others acting similarly would get the same treatment too

29 minutes ago, scram said:

Oh ok

He'll probably have to eat some humble pie when he's back among the first team players - if they had anything about them they'd leave him fully aware of what a stupid pr1ck he'd been

Hirst and any others acting similarly would get the same treatment too

Maybe at most clubs but I’m not sure the spineless wasters we’ve got would waste their time with such matters.