OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I thought he spoke well after game Sunday, obviously delighted that they had won but did say they had beaten a quality Wednesday side and we should stick with Carlos because he'll get us going again.

If I was sensitive enough on such matters (I’m not as offended as some might be)  I’d mention he said something like why were Wednesday wives at the game and not at home cooking the tea. He’d probably pose same question about blade wives.

29 minutes ago, Bluestripe said:

did you not hear the anti-Wed stuff.....Bouncing Massacre and September Slaughter

mick was referring to Ian’s point that it was a studs-up two footed tackle that should have been a red card - that is a lie

Mick was replying to an idiot who accused me of ignoring the non existent 2 footed challenge and he asked me if i thought Bannan should have been sent off, my answer was as there wasn't a 2 footed challenge nor even a foul then no i did not think Bannan should have been sent off nor even booked i also put back to him as he had said O'Connell had got out of the way why was he rolling around on the ground holding his leg ? because he wanted to ensure BB was either booked or sent off or cheating as i called it.

I called him a Bigot because his prejudice is based purely on who someone ( me ) supports as a team he does not know me but always has digs usually he accuses me of talking about United all the time even though i very rarely mention them .

I followed on the point made about the negativity by the previous Owls fan who made much the same point 

34 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Go on mick, defend the indefensible.

I did not defend anything i gave my take on the game after it on Sunday but yes when supposed Wednesday Fans are rewriting history like the guy did last night i will give my opinion, its just that my opinion, if you disagree pick up the phone and give yours. 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

I’m thinking the guy who reappeared on FH tonite (didnt finish his point off on Monday) who confronted players as they went to their cars, sounded similar to the woman who stormed across to Carlos to give him her opinion.

i was critical of both when I heard about it - reminded me of Phil Brown publiclly humiliating Hull players (kept em on pitch at HT).

However, you often see certain events (like Gordon Brown’s experience with the woman he called a bigot) define the point at which something changes - wasn’t too long after that both Browns stepped down

If this agitated so that we had an unusually riled up Carlos, no bad thing?

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Mick was replying to an idiot who accused me of ignoring the non existent 2 footed challenge and he asked me if i thought Bannan should have been sent off, my answer was as there wasn't a 2 footed challenge nor even a foul then no i did not think Bannan should have been sent off nor even booked i also put back to him as he had said O'Connell had got out of the way why was he rolling around on the ground holding his leg ? because he wanted to ensure BB was either booked or sent off or cheating as i called it.

I called him a Bigot because his prejudice is based purely on who someone ( me ) supports as a team he does not know me but always has digs usually he accuses me of talking about United all the time even though i very rarely mention them .

I followed on the point made about the negativity by the previous Owls fan who made much the same point 

I did not defend anything i gave my take on the game after it on Sunday but yes when supposed Wednesday Fans are rewriting history like the guy did last night i will give my opinion, its just that my opinion, if you disagree pick up the phone and give yours. 

Booking all day long for me. Wild and out of control. Lucky he didn't connect or he would have been off. 

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Booking all day long for me. Wild and out of control. Lucky he didn't connect or he would have been off. 

Well done 

I sit in the north and wasn't far from it i dont think it was a foul it certainly wasn't a red card and as there was no connection why did O'Connell roll around for 5 minutes holding his leg 

12 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Well done 

I sit in the north and wasn't far from it i dont think it was a foul it certainly wasn't a red card and as there was no connection why did O'Connell roll around for 5 minutes holding his leg 

The same reason he went down without being touched for the free kick at Boro which lead to the disallowed goal. He’s a cheat. I said at the time if the ref thought there was contact he would have sent him off. Never been a yellow

16 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Well done 

I sit in the North too and I thought it was a stupid challenge. I'm not a bigot though - honest.

lol

Oh and well done yourself. 

Edited by rickygoo

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

The same reason he went down without being touched for the free kick at Boro which lead to the disallowed goal. He’s a cheat. I said at the time if the ref thought there was contact he would have sent him off. Never been a yellow

I sit in the north too reckles unnecessary challenge and for me was defo a booking but little contact and shame on the reaction from oconnel

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Don't put yourself in the position to get cheated. In a Derby especially.

Bannans challenge was reckless but had intent/aggression, same should have been applied from rest of our team, would have made a massive difference