OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

3 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

The show has now turned into a complete parody of itself.

Even Bob, Jonathuuuun and Jizzings take the p1ss out of the callers.

It needs binning off.

And replace it with no information about our clubs 

I wonder how long before the complaints would start about Radio Sheffield ignoring local football

We have in the sports team at RS IMO the best local sports broadcasters in the country you snipe but won't actively offer your opinion to change the show Even on matchday commentary the complaints on here when they go around the grounds is laughable.

You all know the stations remit is South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire thats decided by the BEEB not RS yet moan because they cover the 6 teams Complain to Ifollow taking RSs commentary not about RS doing their jobs brilliantly imo

ring they will put you on

Edited by Lawrie Madden

3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I wonder how long before the complaints would start about Radio Sheffield ignoring local football

We have in the sports team at RS IMO the best local sports broadcasters in the country you snipe but won't actively offer your opinion to change the show 

Rubbish what information do we find out because of a 1 hour phone in on RS?

Just now, s6 owl said:

Rubbish what information do we find out because of a 1 hour phone in on RS?

Yes because they don't do Manager interviews nor do they do player interviews nor tell us about any new injuries 

Your answer is absurd because as well the calls they do all that and more and if you listen you knew that before you answered 

7 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

We have in the sports team at RS IMO the best local sports broadcasters in the country you snipe but won't actively offer your opinion to change the show Even on matchday commentary the complaints on here when they go around the grounds is laughable.

You all know the stations remit is South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire thats decided by the BEEB not RS yet moan because they cover the 6 teams Complain to Ifollow taking RSs commentary not about RS doing their jobs brilliantly imo

Let me rephrase my earlier comment.

I doesn't need to be on 5 days a week, with the same people ringing in, discussing the same topics.

FH should be on once a week, probably midweek, and then P&G after the games on a Saturday.

5 days a week is bloody ridiculous.

1 minute ago, owlZfan84 said:

I doesn't need to be on 5 days a week, with the same people ringing in, discussing the same topics.

FH should be on once a week, probably midweek, and then P&G after the games on a Saturday.

It's a bit of a laugh..you could always not listen..

They'd probably replace it with some idiot playing level 42 and Lionel Richie.

FFS.

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Yes because they don't do Manager interviews nor do they do player interviews nor tell us about any new injuries 

Your answer is absurd because as well the calls they do all that and more and if you listen you knew that before you answered 

We don’t find that info out because of FH though do we. There’s a livestream of the press conference on the official FB page where we find out more.

I normally get a couple of calls in then turn it off with how tedious the show has become.

I don't agree although in the international breaks it doesn't need to be nightly 

I get accused of ringing every night which is not true ( i've rang once this week to give my opinion of the cup win for example ) but like i say ring in im sure they get fed up of me BTB 2'1 Ken and Donny Dave as well 

Just now, Costello 77 said:

It's a bit of a laugh..you could always not listen..

They'd probably replace it with some idiot playing level 42 and Lionel Richie.

FFS.

I listened to FH for the first time for ages on Monday evening as I was stuck in traffic on my way back from work.

Bob and Jonathuuuun spent 15 minutes conducting their own FA Cup draw.

I soon realised why I stopped listening regularly.

P&G after the games is always worth a listen, but do you honestly think FH is needed 5 days a week?

Just now, s6 owl said:

We don’t find that info out because of FH though do we. There’s a livestream of the press conference on the official FB page where we find out more.

I normally get a couple of calls in then turn it off with how tedious the show has become.

Which is all well and good if you can watch the livestream of the press conference or if unlike many you dont live your life through Facebook 

And where was Jos first interviewed 

Just now, owlZfan84 said:

I listened to FH for the first time for ages on Monday evening as I was stuck in traffic on my way back from work.

P&G after the games is always worth a listen, but do you honestly think FH is needed 5 days a week?

Well.. what's the alternative?

There's a thriving dedicated thread on here about FH.. what are Maxine and steelowl going to do?

FFS.

Possibly not but after Saturdays game its not easy to get on PoG so i see Mondays FH as an extention of PoG and never ring if i've not seen the game 

Also its rare in the championship that there isn't a Midweek game so again thats one or 2 night taken with reviews of the games

I know its not everyones cup of tea but i like to hear about our other local clubs games and FH is an easy way to do it 

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

Which is all well and good if you can watch the livestream of the press conference or if unlike many you dont live your life through Facebook 

And where was Jos first interviewed 

You use social media though clearly because you use owlstalk. I know Twitter and Facebook gets slammed but if you used it correctly you would soon realise how crap FH is in terms of finding out information about your club.

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

You use social media though clearly because you use owlstalk. I know Twitter and Facebook gets slammed but if you used it correctly you would soon realise how crap FH is in terms of finding out information about your club.

I use Twitter in what i consider is the right way as in purely as a tool to interact with things that interest me because most of twitter is puerile bile filled rubbish and cannot hold a candle to Radio Sheffs football output 

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Possibly not but after Saturdays game its not easy to get on PoG so i see Mondays FH as an extention of PoG and never ring if i've not seen the game 

Also its rare in the championship that there isn't a Midweek game so again thats one or 2 night taken with reviews of the games

I know its not everyones cup of tea but i like to hear about our other local clubs games and FH is an easy way to do it 

It's totally your prerogative mate to call as and when you wish, nor am I knocking those that do. I'm also not doubting they do a good job (well, Giddings is questionable), but 5 days a week, for me, is massive overkill.