The hilarious changes in opinion on players

43 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It seems to have happened in reverse with Rhodes, but back to your question, I'd wager it will be Hanley

Some of us knew Rhodes wasn't the answer and I 100% know Hanley isn't either!

19 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Said in the McGugan thread, I'd prefer to get him fighting fit, and involved in the squad again for next season. He's a top quality Championship player. He and Carlos should sort out their differences. McGugan can be a matchwinner on his day, and he needs help to get his head right, and get back on track.

Totally agree with this. Up at Newcastle in the cup last year he was right up against it in the middle and not fully match fit but still ran the game in the middle for some spells of the game and took his goal really well. There's a great player there if we could get him working hard. 

49 minutes ago, shandypants said:

So who do we think will be this year's signing that the OwlsTalk masses definitely don't want "because he is gash" but is hailed as a "quality signing" when we buy him? 

It normally comes from the people that don't really like/have any interest or any knowledge in football outside of Wednesday 

40 minutes ago, torres said:

Because of how we play, I was totally against the signing of Rhodes, but perhaps for the same reason, I think Hanley might actually work out Would much prefer us to not be looking at these type of players, but that is the route we seem to have taken

Can anyone recall that Mark Davies fella we thought about signing from Bolton?

Everyone said he'd be a fantastic addition, had Premiership quality. I said he'd be a complete waste of money. I was hammered over it. So many fecking Owls Talk experts on this bloke's quality there were.

Anyhow, we never signed him in the end and Bolton got the titty on.

What's he doing now? Just been released by Bolton at the age of 29. Should we go back for him?

3 minutes ago, torres said:

What was Rhodes ever going to be the answer to?  He was a key part in many of the goals in the run in. He didn't score as many as we thought he might but that doesn't make him a bad player. A lot of pressure was put on Rhodes to be something he isn't, is that what you mean?  

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Because of how we play, I was totally against the signing of Rhodes, but perhaps for the same reason, I think Hanley might actually work out Would much prefer us to not be looking at these type of players, but that is the route we seem to have taken

I think he'd stand out like a sore thumb with the way we play.

Heading ability and strength wise he'd walk in, but his distribution is woeful and I've seen milk turn quicker than him 

8 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

What was Rhodes ever going to be the answer to?  He was a key part in many of the goals in the run in. He didn't score as many as we thought he might but that doesn't make him a bad player. A lot of pressure was put on Rhodes to be something he isn't, is that what you mean?  

Yes I think you're right.

I think a lot of people saw him as some footballing genius because of his outstanding goal scoring record. 

He is an old school striker, that picks up bits and pieces in the box, best alongside a big man (as history shows)

Good "footballer" - not really 

16 minutes ago, torres said:

Yes I think you're right.

I think a lot of people saw him as some footballing genius because of his outstanding goal scoring record. 

He is an old school striker, that picks up bits and pieces in the box, best alongside a big man (as history shows)

Good "footballer" - not really 

Yes I think that's how I see him - old school striker, albeit a good one. With a good pre-season and some confidence I think he'll play this role, maybe fighting for a starting role with Fletch.  Like you say I think if we could find the 'genius' midfield general and drop Hutch into ch we might have the missing piece. 

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Said in the McGugan thread, I'd prefer to get him fighting fit, and involved in the squad again for next season. He's a top quality Championship player. He and Carlos should sort out their differences. McGugan can be a matchwinner on his day, and he needs help to get his head right, and get back on track.

He doesn't track back. Will never play under Carlos imho

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

I think someone ought to make a strenuous effort this morning, to instigate a divide, to prove bi-polarism on here.

Then we can spend the rest of the summer arguing the to ss rather than watching grass grow.

Is pitch cam back up and running again. I would pay good mon...hang on I already do

23 minutes ago, The Coorong Owl said:

I thought Rhodes wasn't ours This season. On loan yeah ? Read into what I'm saying if you want

With a deal agreed for the summer I understood.

Although if that was based on an assumption of us going up....

1 minute ago, Andoverowl said:

Judas supporters who pay top dollar!

Maybe judas isn't the right word. Paying top dollar is a common thing in the world these days for many things and it's surprising how little satisfaction people get from spending it. People buy porches and constantly complain about them as well. Chose your mindset in life. Mines being grateful for what I have. For the record it cost me about 10 plus season tickets to watch Wednesday play this season on tv. I've also flown over many many times to see us lose.