Left Backs

19 hours ago, Sonny said:

Would prefer two quality fast full/wing backs over the wingers everyone keeps banging on about.

We've lost 2 wingers this summer from loans, it'd be mad to not bring someone in but if Carlos is looking for 5 players then I'd be surprised if we don't see at least 1 new full back

15 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

James Meredith at Bradford City now they have failed to get promotion. He's 29, 6'1", and has impressed me when I've seen him on T.V. Matt Penny has been cover for him whilst on loan and hardly featured but I can see why even though I consider him to be an excellent prospect.

In interview when Penney signed for Bradford, McCall said that he was brought in as a back up for James Meredith.

Considering that Meredith was ever present for Bradford, won their POTY award, and was selected in League One's Team of The Season, it makes sense that Penney didn't get much of a look in.

I personally think that he had really promising debut in the last game of regular season.

26 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

We've lost 2 wingers this summer from loans, it'd be mad to not bring someone in but if Carlos is looking for 5 players then I'd be surprised if we don't see at least 1 new full back

Two wingers that he refused to play though 

47 minutes ago, modboy said:

Two wingers that he refused to play though 

Agreed and we still have the enigma that is Mathias. 

For me centre back and wing are the priorities followed by left back then right back. People are saying middle of park but we have Hutch, Lee and Bannan who are up there with our best players and also Jones as back up and Abdi who'll also come back fully fit so for me it'd take a serious signing there for me to be fussed, although there does seem to be something missing, the addition of more quality in other areas might help their burden without actually having to sign some one new.

TBH if you've got quality wingers with pace the need for overlapping full backs is lessened, considerably. This means that they are less likely to tire in games and can concentrate on defensive duties. Therefore, getting a decent winger(s) would be my priority after a solid CB to accompany Lees.

Almost stopped reading this when I saw the words 'he was pooh at Bridlington' or words like that. Every player will have the odd 'pooh' game, even the world's finest, so to judge ANYONE on one game shows how little they know about football.Watched an entire Chelsea team have a stinker yesterday.It doesn't make them crap, though. 

4 hours ago, doubleo said:

Pudil looks tired, Fox - the jury's out, we've spent £5 mill on Reach, so to get some return on that I think LB is his best position and he's the best out of the 3. We need to strengthen but I think we have other priorities.

That is my view too.

Of the three who played LB this season Reach was more consistent than the other two. He wasn't amazing, but he can run all day, is easily the quickest of the three, and gets in as many (few?) crosses from LB as he does from LW.

The huge huge bonus is that it gets FF to play LW.

However, we all know, FF will play 25 games as striker and 8 as LW.