Sheffield Wednesday's bid for Conor Hourihane rejected

If I was playing football manager, and Sheffield United & Aston Villa came in for Palmer (for example) both same offers. 

I would accept Villa's and reject United's on principle.

I believe the deal for Winnall was too good to turn down, we may have to beat Villa's offer for Hourihane

1 hour ago, Stainless1983 said:

Here's the link for those that are asking:

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/441441/barnsleys-conor-hourihane-keeps-his-focus-as-aston-villa-and-­sheffield-wednesday-battle-for-irish-midfielders-signature/?CMP=spklr-_-default-_-TWITTER-_-IrishSunSport-_-20170117-_-779739343

I think the following from his supposed quote is telling:

"It is up to the club to see how far they want to push it. I’m open-minded. It would be silly not to be."

He's basically saying to Barnsley, you want me then show me the money. He knows they won't be able to give him what he wants unless they drastically change their policy which the Morsy deal falling through may do.

At the same time it's his bargaining tool for any possible move as he's telling us & Villa that if we don't act quick we may miss out.

IMG_4884.JPG

Barnsley won't "push it" or they would have sorted his contract b4 getting to this stage (i.e. 6 months left). They can't keep him it's obvious, he's saying the right things whilst there to stay professional but he's going, just an auction on fee and (more importantly) wages to find out where.