Leeds+Fan+In+Peace

The Chairman doesn't like stripes, that's the reason, he apparently compromised by having the white pinstripes on the front but it was the Chairmans decision to get rid of the stripes.

Edited by Owl999

What a weird time to log in for the first time...I bet you've been with your mates all day and watched the UFC, no?

Re the kit; I reyt don't care, I really like this new kit we've got

also, if you've been today, did you see the bloke bump his car on Leppings Lane? Near the tram stop? By far the best part

of going to the match today for me :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Rusholme Ruffian said:

What's the thinking behind your new kit? I knew you had had a bit of an overhaul but a couple of my mates even thought you were playing in your away kit.  What's the reasoning behind ditching the stripes?

Whats the thinking behind Leeds still thinking they're massive. You couldn't sell your allocation yesterday. I thought you sold out every away ground you go to. Villa bought more than you. 

Oh oh and you've only sold 12000 season tickets. That's pants for the biggest club in Yorkshire/England/Europe/world 

enlighten me please. 

Guest Verloc

You can't even get close to bringing 2,000 to ER, so I'm not sure why you're bringing this up. We have had a very crap team for many years now - enthusiasm is bound to wane when you're paying high prices to watch dross. The season ticket figure is 14,500 btw. Poor, but an improvement on last year. Our season tickets don't provide very good value for money - that's why people don't buy them.

8 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Whats the thinking behind Leeds still thinking they're massive. You couldn't sell your allocation yesterday. I thought you sold out every away ground you go to. Villa bought more than you. 

Oh oh and you've only sold 12000 season tickets. That's pants for the biggest club in Yorkshire/England/Europe/world 

enlighten me please. 

Bugger me! I come on here with a genuine question (I thought the Wednesday stripes were a tradition beyond tampering with*) and pre-menstrual ANDY (it's the caps lock that gives it away) has a big hissy fit.  Strange behaviour for such a moody ***** to be playing the "my wee wee tail is bigger than your wee wee tail" game but I suppose it takes all sorts.  Keep taking the Evening Primrose dear.

*and yes, I am old enough to remember the blue shirt with white sleeves a la my John Ritchie Soccer Stars album

It's pretty vile. Last Sondico kit though, woot! It's based on an old design from 1962-3. Next season's kit will be our 150th anniversary so many are expecting either a homage to the 1965-72 kit (even more like Ipswich) or to go full QPR and bring back hoops from the 1870s. The badge still looks strange to me especially when it clashes with the shirt colour. Personally, I won't be buying any home kit until the stripes are reinstated and I'm sure the majority of us feel the same.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Sheffield_Wednesday/Sheffield_Wednesday.htm

Edited by TrueOwl

3 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

It's pretty vile. Last Sondico kit though, woot! It's based on an old design from 1962-3. Next season's kit will be our 150th anniversary so many are expecting either a homage to the 1965-72 kit (even more like Ipswich) or to go full QPR and bring back hoops from the 1870s. The badge still looks strange to me especially when it clashes with the shirt colour. Personally, I won't be buying any home kit until the stripes are reinstated and I'm sure the majority of us feel the same.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Sheffield_Wednesday/Sheffield_Wednesday.htm

In a mad, sad, world, voices of reason and intelligence are still sometimes heard.  Thanks for that!

13 minutes ago, Rusholme Ruffian said:

Bugger me! I come on here with a genuine question (I thought the Wednesday stripes were a tradition beyond tampering with*) and pre-menstrual ANDY (it's the caps lock that gives it away) has a big hissy fit.  Strange behaviour for such a moody ***** to be playing the "my wee wee tail is bigger than your wee wee tail" game but I suppose it takes all sorts.  Keep taking the Evening Primrose dear.

*and yes, I am old enough to remember the blue shirt with white sleeves a la my John Ritchie Soccer Stars album

Thanks. 

Im coping with the pre menstrual at the moment. However living in West Yorkshire and having to listen to Leeds fans arrogance on a daily basis does tend to push me close to the edge. 

I didnt add to the shirt question as it had already been answered I was just curious as to the ticket scenario. 

Guest The Claw
2 hours ago, Rusholme Ruffian said:

What's the thinking behind your new kit? I knew you had had a bit of an overhaul but a couple of my mates even thought you were playing in your away kit.  What's the reasoning behind ditching the stripes?

wots up, nowt interesting happening in the land of the whites?

2 hours ago, Rusholme Ruffian said:

It's certainly divided opinion that is quite clear. We believe or hope that next season we may revert to tradition but as you guys know, if an owner wants to do something there is little fans can do but express opinions and hope. More importantly is success on the pitch and as yesterday day showed, we both have teams way off the mark, I think we both need to drop the massive tag, history is one thing but the present and future is all that matters now.

Guest The Claw
1 minute ago, Zlin Owl said:

It's certainly divided opinion that is quite clear. We believe or hope that next season we may revert to tradition but as you guys know, if an owner wants to do something there is little fans can do but express opinions and hope. More importantly is success on the pitch and as yesterday day showed, we both have teams way off the mark, I think we both need to drop the massive tag, history is one thing but the present and future is all that matters now.

I would consider both the owls and L**ds massive sleeping giants as proven on numerous occasions.

Just now, The Claw said:

I would consider both the owls and L**ds massive sleeping giants as proven on numerous occasions.

I agree to some extent but maybe we should put the tag on ice until we have at least rubbed the sleep from our eyes.

Guest Grez Bez

I live in Leeds. I'm always amazed how normal all Leeds fans are in person as when they are at Hillsborough  there is such a high ratio of bellskinner to normal fan! :)

Hate the kit, hate the badge. Chairman is a bit nuts.....