Mobile App to enable season ticket sharing needed....???

50 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Hi Lee

This was actually an idea that I explored with the club when I was involved with Wednesdayite.

It didn't take much exploring - they pointed me in the direction of the below... - the terms and conditions of the season ticket. I was led to believe that at the moment there is a fair element of leniency applied to this given it is difficult to police.

But if this became more widespread (via the use of a ticket sharing site or similar) - the club would probably look to use photo ID with season tickets to prevent it.

Given Mr Chansiris commercial approach - I would imagine Photo ID to prevent even limited use is being considered already.

Hope you're well.

•  

For some reason would not quote the whole of your post, however I have a season ticket but cant make evening or Sunday kickoffs, asked the

club if I could let someone else have my seat for those matches, and because I dont know anyone from Sheffield,(moved away over 40 years ago),

I thought I could raffle it off to the highest bidder who would make a donation to Rainbow (not more than face value) was told by the club

this was not legal, shame as it now means that for instance my seat will be empty for the first match of the season. 

Edited by daleblue

Who decide what games? The people interested in this are likely those who work alternate weekends, just want to pick higher profile games etc. You'd need a big pool of users and a number of season tickets, plus some scheduling software to allocate the tickets. 

Oh, and the trust thing. It's a shame but I can imagine it wouldn't be long before someone "forgot" to pass the ticket on before a local derby say. 

No one is going to want to be the mug putting their payment details in to cover the season, so the app owner would have to, which would mean a markup added to ticket prices to cover losses. How much saving would there be in this instance? 

Edited by bigrbuk

5 hours ago, Miffed said:

Try thinking again.

Its for those people who DO want to commit to the club, but due to other circumstances are unable to attend.

I said pricing it could be the problem but I'm sure there is a solution for that somewhere. 

Still think it's an utterly ridiculous idea. Share one within a couple of mates if you wish but I guarantee the club won't take this up and it would fall flat anyway as there be arguments over who goes to which matches.

Who gets the priority points for Wembley etc ?

Edited by Paolo Di Catio

21 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Still think it's an utterly ridiculous idea. Share one within a couple of mates if you wish but I guarantee the club won't take this up and it would fall flat anyway as there be arguments over who goes to which matches.

Who gets the priority points for Wembley etc ?

I think you've misunderstood, probably because if the OP's shared idea.

I mean that a single person buys a block of tickets to be redeemed at whichever games they want. So a person who can't get to midweek games, or can't get to every Saturday game, because of work commitments can commit to coming to a certain amount of games but redeem the tickets for games they can attend. For these people it may not be financially viable to get a membership as they won't get the benefit, but still can attend 10/15 games. 

In terms of priority, I guess these would still be after season tickets and full members. Maybe even the same priority as POTG.

Not misunderstood at all. It's a stupid idea and won't work, the club won't go for it for a start and there'd be folk arguing over who gets the marquee games. 

Of the folk I know that only go to a few games it's generally the same games. Admittedly we're away this season but folk generally turn out for BDM.

By all means get one amongst your mates but the idea is stupid. 

If this is an idea of an ex- Chairman thank god he's no longer in charge of the club. His previous ideas sent us on our way to the courts

Guest Deleted member
11 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

As I suggested in the o.p. has to be done independently of the club as a 'stealth' thing

Yes, I saw that, and as I said, I would imagine this would lead to the club putting photos on season tickets to prevent it, effectively inconveniencing 20k season ticket holders 

Get you are trying to make match day tickets a little cheaper for average guys. Especially as the pricing between ST and POTG has never been so wide. But as the poster said earlier the logistics of it would never work. 

Aside from the money issue, what if someone was racist or violent in your seat......

21 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

Enable someone to run a season ticket syndicate based on amount contribute to syndicate equals x % of games. This could be used by someone expecting to miss just a few games or groups of individuals who would otherwise just end up doing a few games per season.

App handles the scheduling and payment. Syndicate lead owns the season ticket and oversees the season ticket card being transferred between syndicate members.

User has responsibility to ensure season card is handed on to the next scheduled user. Valid payment details through til end of season has to be entered into the app to cover cost of replacing season card or need to cover cost of next user buying a ticket for the next match in the event there is a problem handing over a card.

This would rely on the goodwill of Wednesdayites. Club probably prevented from doing this as it may be seen as undermining the terms of the ticket.

So does anyone fancy building this???

Begs the question that its time the club enabled the use of an App as an alternative to a season card.......

Regards

Lee

17 hours ago, Miffed said:

Another idea would be to offer blocks of tickets, say 10 at a time, at a discounted rate to redeem on any game. This way people can pick and chose the games they can attend. A bit like a voucher system. This way people can commit to the club who usually couldn't.

I guess you would need some way of pricing it fairly, for example the Villa game is £40 odd POTG while another game may be in the mid £20's. 

9 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Not misunderstood at all. It's a stupid idea and won't work, the club won't go for it for a start and there'd be folk arguing over who gets the marquee games. 

Of the folk I know that only go to a few games it's generally the same games. Admittedly we're away this season but folk generally turn out for BDM.

If this is an idea of an ex- Chairman thank god he's no longer in charge of the club. His previous ideas sent us on our way to the courts

So.  Based on two posts you have been able to fully dissect this idea, accurately assess the minutiae , create a model of how this could be developed and, on reflection, have decided that " It's a stupid idea and won't work" .  We are desperately in need of Brexit negotiators; perhaps you should apply.

I am fairly sure that someone once said "A telephone that you carry in your pocket which allows you to access information on just about anything from almost anywhere in the world in seconds?  By all means get one amongst your mates but the idea is stupid."

Thank heavens there are people within the telecommunications sector with the foresight to see possibilities, the gumption to try and do something about them and a willingness to get involved in causes that they care about (while everyone else sits on there arses and moans) in order to bring about changes.  If only we had someone like that on this

forum ...... oh!

18 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Is this the stupid ideas thread?

So you want to give a huge benefit to those that can't be arsed/ don't want to attend / can't afford ST?

All that would do is lower ST holder numbers as folk could just pick the glossy fixtures knowing they're guaranteed to make em. 

RIDICULOUS SUGGESTION

And God forbid that we should give " a huge benefit to those that can't afford ST"

11 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Again, you're probably just confused becuae there are two different ideas in this thread. 

Maybe we should just leave this thread for discussing Lee's app idea.

Would have thought the club would be up for charitable sharing (per suggestion by mirocevic) of ST if managed through the club, SWFC Community programme or Wednesdayite.

Surprised that the club have not launched weekend only season tickets, and 12 game (not the traditional half season) season tickets.

Regards

Lee

I'm not trying to get you to bite. You had some good things whilst at the club, unfortunately the job was bigger than anybody thought because of the previous regimes.

The World Cup plans were outstanding and I would love the ground to develop that way.

As I said earlier, your skills are better inside the club than lurking around on forums. I've met you before, you're so much better than this

10 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Wish they'd maximize the retail capabilities.  People queuing for 3 hours for the new shirt.

Same as on matchday, turns people away. They should do a pay and collect service. 

Turned me away. Was going to get my lad his first shirt, but as a blonde haired, 4 years old (first shirt - part timer!) he's not the best at standing still for hours on end in the sunshine.