Mobile App to enable season ticket sharing needed....???

Enable someone to run a season ticket syndicate based on amount contribute to syndicate equals x % of games. This could be used by someone expecting to miss just a few games or groups of individuals who would otherwise just end up doing a few games per season.

App handles the scheduling and payment. Syndicate lead owns the season ticket and oversees the season ticket card being transferred between syndicate members.

User has responsibility to ensure season card is handed on to the next scheduled user. Valid payment details through til end of season has to be entered into the app to cover cost of replacing season card or need to cover cost of next user buying a ticket for the next match in the event there is a problem handing over a card.

This would rely on the goodwill of Wednesdayites. Club probably prevented from doing this as it may be seen as undermining the terms of the ticket.

So does anyone fancy building this???

Begs the question that its time the club enabled the use of an App as an alternative to a season card.......

Regards

Lee

Lee,

You're better placed than anyone to tell us whether the club would be able to allow that to happen.

You're also probably better placed than anyone to have it built.

If it saves money for the fans and brings Wednesdayites together it can't be a bad thing.

Best wishes

Good idea in principal, but without being run by an official party (like the club), it would rely on uncomfortable levels of trust in its users.

36 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Cool story bro 

regards josh 

You've got to be one of the worst posters on this site.

7 minutes ago, evaD said:

Good idea in principal, but without being run by an official party (like the club), it would rely on uncomfortable levels of trust in its users.

You've got to be one of the worst posters on this site.

Cheers evaD 

regards Josh 

1 hour ago, Lee Strafford said:

Enable someone to run a season ticket syndicate based on amount contribute to syndicate equals x % of games. This could be used by someone expecting to miss just a few games or groups of individuals who would otherwise just end up doing a few games per season.

App handles the scheduling and payment. Syndicate lead owns the season ticket and oversees the season ticket card being transferred between syndicate members.

User has responsibility to ensure season card is handed on to the next scheduled user. Valid payment details through til end of season has to be entered into the app to cover cost of replacing season card or need to cover cost of next user buying a ticket for the next match in the event there is a problem handing over a card.

This would rely on the goodwill of Wednesdayites. Club probably prevented from doing this as it may be seen as undermining the terms of the ticket.

Begs the question that its time the club enabled the use of an App as an alternative to a season card.......

Regards

Lee

Set it up like the Pokeman App with clues as to where the season ticket is

1 hour ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

Not sure it would work because of everyone wanting to attend the same matches. A sydnicate amongst mates may work....  but then I doubt they would need an App to sort it out.

Set it up like the Pokeman App with clues as to where the season ticket is first one there gets to use it. 

2 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

Regards

Lee

Lee,

I have pm'd you.

Another idea would be to offer blocks of tickets, say 10 at a time, at a discounted rate to redeem on any game. This way people can pick and chose the games they can attend. A bit like a voucher system. This way people can commit to the club who usually couldn't.

I guess you would need some way of pricing it fairly, for example the Villa game is £40 odd POTG while another game may be in the mid £20's. 

3 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Another idea would be to offer blocks of tickets, say 10 at a time, at a discounted rate to redeem on any game. This way people can pick and chose the games they can attend. A bit like a voucher system. This way people can commit to the club who usually couldn't.

I guess you would need some way of pricing it fairly, for example the Villa game is £40 odd POTG while another game may be in the mid £20's. 

Is this the stupid ideas thread?

So you want to give a huge benefit to those that can't be arsed/ don't want to attend / can't afford ST?

All that would do is lower ST holder numbers as folk could just pick the glossy fixtures knowing they're guaranteed to make em. 

RIDICULOUS SUGGESTION

1 hour ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Is this the stupid ideas thread?

So you want to give a huge benefit to those that can't be arsed/ don't want to attend / can't afford ST?

All that would do is lower ST holder numbers as folk could just pick the glossy fixtures knowing they're guaranteed to make em. 

RIDICULOUS SUGGESTION

Try thinking again.

Its for those people who DO want to commit to the club, but due to other circumstances are unable to attend.

I said pricing it could be the problem but I'm sure there is a solution for that somewhere. 

Guest Deleted member

Hi Lee

This was actually an idea that I explored with the club when I was involved with Wednesdayite.

It didn't take much exploring - they pointed me in the direction of the below... - the terms and conditions of the season ticket. I was led to believe that at the moment there is a fair element of leniency applied to this given it is difficult to police.

But if this became more widespread (via the use of a ticket sharing site or similar) - the club would probably look to use photo ID with season tickets to prevent it.

Given Mr Chansiris commercial approach - I would imagine Photo ID to prevent even limited use is being considered already.

Hope you're well.

3. Use of Season Ticket
    • 3.1 Season Tickets are issued for your sole use and you shall not resell, assign or (save as set out in clause 3.2 below) transfer or lend the Season Ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club. The reference to reselling the Season Ticket includes reference to offering to sell a Season Ticket, exposing a Season Ticket for sale, making a Season Ticket available for sale by another and advertising that a Season Ticket is available for purchase. For the avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) this Season Ticket may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition nor transferred, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package, given to a third party who agrees to buy another good or service, or used for any other commercial purpose, save as expressly authorised by the FL or the Club.
    • 3.2 You may only resell or transfer the Season Ticket to a Guest with the express written consent of the Club given at the Club's absolute discretion. No such resale or transfer will be permitted except where the same takes place in respect of an individual match and in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that Match and such transfer does not take place during the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. Such resale or transfer to any Guest is hereby provided be subject to the Terms and Conditions of Entry which will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause) apply to that Guest as if he/she was the original purchaser of the Season Ticket (and you must inform the Guest of this).
    • 3.3 The unauthorised sale or disposal of tickets is a criminal offence under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006. The Club will inform the police when it becomes aware that Season Tickets are being sold illegally and will press charges to be brought against those breaking this law. If you are convicted of a ticket touting offence, or we reasonably suspect you have committed a ticketing offence, we will notify the Football League who may in turn notify other Football League Clubs and/or the UK Football Policing Unit. The information that we share may include your personal details, information about the offence and about ticket purchases (including payment details). We will use this to identify and prevent ticketing offences and disorder at matches.
    • 3.4 The Season Ticket will remain the property of the Club at all times and must be produced together with evidence of your identity if required to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Club or any police officer. The Club reserves the right to require the immediate return of the Season Ticket at any time.
    • 3.5 Any Season Ticket obtained or used in breach of the Terms & Conditions of Entry shall be automatically void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such Season Ticket shall be nullified. Misuse of this Season Ticket may result in the holder being refused entry to, or ejected from, the Ground in respect of a particular Match and/or the cancellation and withdrawal of this Season Ticket. In the event of any cancellation and withdrawal in accordance with this clause 3.5, no refund shall be payable to the holder in respect of any unexpired portion of the Season Ticket. The Club further reserves its right to take any legal action against any person(s) as it sees fit in connection with such matters, including a claim for an account of profits made from an unauthorised use of the Season Ticket.

•  

As I suggested in the o.p. has to be done independently of the club as a 'stealth' thing.

Sharing across a syndicate would have to based on proportional allocation per category of game. If more than one person wants to go to a particular game then buy a ticket.

This has to be make attendance more accessible for thousands of folks......

Come to think of it you could organise this on a google sheet or other tool and then pool monies to buy the season ticket.

We are stuck with high match day ticket prices due to financial fair play rules (and crap commercial deals under contract) until we are in the Premier League.......

Regards

Lee

They could change the terms and conditions couldn't they if it was shown it would increase ST take up in particular and crowds in general. 

I remember speaking to Manu Utd about this years ago for a story I was doing. Ticket touting was rife and they told me they were looking at fingerprint technology to stop it - i.e ST abuse - happening. Is it still rife at Man Utd?