Official New season ticket prices. 2016/17

Were just all going around in Circles, POTG yes is slightly too high but expecting fans to have a membership is reasonable so as i said just keep POTG pricing same and increase membership discount to £10 per game.

Next season ticket phases -

2                 3

Kop   £450             £495

North £550             £595

South £650             £695

Kids tickets £75 & £125 all round ground, Concessions have small increases also.

Lets either massively simplify prices or stick to what we have so people get used to it.

Were just all going around in Circles, POTG yes is slightly too high but expecting fans to have a membership is reasonable so as i said just keep POTG pricing same and increase membership discount to £10 per game.

Next season ticket phases -

2 3

Kop £450 £495

North £550 £595

South £650 £695

Kids tickets £75 & £125 all round ground, Concessions have small increases also.

Lets either massively simplify prices or stick to what we have so people get used to it.

I would go with those prices if there wasn't a Phase 3.

Guest oasisowl81

Saw this elsewhere for pitching prices and ST prior to the figures announced

pricing.png?w=680

pricing-2.png?w=680

Would that be unreasonable still?

Tas, the following home games have cost less than 30£ with your membership (which you've stated you have). I appreciate that some of the home games (Bristol, Boxing Day and a couple of others) have been very pricey for pay on the gate people but it's no where near as horrific as you paint it out to be. In fact, you could have attended 8 games (inc. Bolton, Fulham and Leeds coming up) already this season for the price you have said you're willing to pay (I.e. Under 30£)... I am sure there will also be more offers in the second half of the season that will come into your price range. Please just stop pretending all games cost 39£ to sit where you want.

- Arsenal - 25£ (with membership)

- Leeds - 25£ (with membership)

- Fulham (fa cup) - 20£

- Forest (with membership) - 28£

- Brighton - £20

- Hull (with membership) - 28£ (and kids for 5£)

- Huddersfield (with membership) - 28£

- Bolton - 20£

*disclaimer, appreciate that some of these games will have clashed with champions league matches so you wouldn't have attended anyway...

Rolls eyes.

Yes, without any increase in the £30 initial outlay

In fact, 194£ (and 30£ for your membership) = 224£ for 8 games. Therefore, if you then picked two of the games in the second half of the season at similar prices then you could actually have attended 10 home games this season for less than the 300£ deal you are asking for.

We achieved 24,078 in 2012/13 season on the back of promotion, we surpassed that in 2005/06 with 24,853 but again that was on the back of promotion.

Our net home fan figures are down 182 on average on last season, hardly a large loss.

By the way, between this point last season and the end of the season we had just one gate over 25k under Gray, in fact we had 4 under 20k including one of 17k, we will get a better average than last season of that i'm certain,

Exactly that at Ricky

Doesn't matter what league it's in Wednesday fans only turn out for success, it matters not that we are playing the best football for some time. They want to see us in with a chance, if we can maintain our play off chances over the next 6 weeks then they will come.

Edited by Ash76

Exactly that at Ricky

Doesn't matter what league it's in Wednesday fans only turn out for success, it matters not that we are playing the best football for some time. They want to see us in with a chance, if we can maintain our play off chances over the next 6 weeks then they will come.

At me?

All opinion. You say tomayto I say tomarto. lol

Edited by rickygoo

I don't care about it looking nice. I like a better atmosphere and that means a fuller Hillsborough. I also want more Wednesday fans to enjoy the experience of coming to Hillsborough. Sorry if that seems to be so offensive to some.

Of course PL football will sort a lot of the empty seats out but that isn't going to come because he's charging more per seat - at current crowd levels these prices aren't going to generate anything like the cash required to build a team to go up. He'll foot the bill and he'll reap the rewards. Football is a vanity project - hardly any clubs are run as traditional "businesses".

I find it amazing that football fans are so hostile to reasonable prices - something that's totally come out of the blue. I'd never seen people on here advocating drastic price hikes until DC actually did it. I'd seen plenty moaning about teams like Leeds doing it though. I'm sure there are Arsenal fans who don't mind paying what they pay for tickets and others who do - both are perfectly valid opinions. I know these things aren't black and white - there are shades of grey and uncertainties. I simply don't like the prices POTG fans - and Phase 2 and 3 ST holders - were asked to pay. Partly because I'm a traditionalist and partly because I don't think the extra revenue per fan is worth it.

Yes he's a successful businessman but so are the people who run other clubs who haven't chosen Chansiri's model. There's more than one way to skin a cat - I would prefer another way. That's all.

I am not hostile to reasonable prices - the question is what is considered reasonable, because where ever it is pitched it will never be 100% acceptable for everyone.

I consider the season ticket prices to be reasonable, I consider a 20% hike over those for POTG to be reasonable, I would make membership a desirable product in its own right that comes with the added benefit of a 10% discount on the POTG prices. How about throwing in Wednesday Player free with a membership so that those who genuinely can't make the games frequently for what ever reason, finance, distance, disability, work get that connection to the club. 

I wouldn't have any categories for matches or discounts or offers, £10 across the board for u18's because that is reasonable compared to other leisure activities.

If that still isn't good enough for some of our fan base then frankly tough,

I am not hostile to reasonable prices - the question is what is considered reasonable, because where ever it is pitched it will never be 100% acceptable for everyone.

I consider the season ticket prices to be reasonable, I consider a 20% hike over those for POTG to be reasonable, I would make membership a desirable product in its own right that comes with the added benefit of a 10% discount on the POTG prices. How about throwing in Wednesday Player free with a membership so that those who genuinely can't make the games frequently for what ever reason, finance, distance, disability, work get that connection to the club.

I wouldn't have any categories for matches or discounts or offers, £10 across the board for u18's because that is reasonable compared to other leisure activities.

And I like all of that.

And I'd make the first home game of the season a special members game. Get discounted membership with your ticket.

In that case I'd probably increase the initial outlay to say £35 with a 30% discount, then 30% off potg (excluding certain low cats)

I would go with those prices if there wasn't a Phase 3.

Well the phases above id have initial one in March then when season finishes put the 2nd set of prices on sale and leave them at that until season starts.

No increase in Membership fee as then even the Bristol Game for example a member would be able to get in to for under £30 which is a fair price with the investment we have seen.

Also agree a good idea to maybe have opening game as Members special offer half price tickets.

Not done all the sums but provided on the best Members deals that season ticket holders save say £2/3 per game then that seems fair to me.

Id have also given anybody who buys a 3 year season ticket half price home shirt as wed have shifted loads of Kids on the basis that saving £25 on a shirt means only really paying £25 for the seasons football but once we get the catering back in house make the killing on sales there along with programmes etc.

How about throwing in Wednesday Player free with a membership so that those who genuinely can't make the games frequently for what ever reason, finance, distance, disability, work get that connection to the club.

Stop pinching my ideas :)

I consider the season ticket prices to be reasonable, I consider a 20% hike over those for POTG to be reasonable, I would make membership a desirable product in its own right that comes with the added benefit of a 10% discount on the POTG prices. How about throwing in Wednesday Player free with a membership so that those who genuinely can't make the games frequently for what ever reason, finance, distance, disability, work get that connection to the club. 

If the North Stand and Grandstand are £505 for a season ticket that would mean POTG would cost £607.

That equals £26.39 per match, so lets call it £27.  They seem reasonable to me but would be one heck of a climb down from our owner and I do not see it coming.

The kids POTG prices definitely need adjusting.  Completely agree, they should never be more than £10 for any match.

We need them going forwards.