Official New season ticket prices. 2016/17

Don't think you're getting it either. You've openly stated you go to @10 per season, so you want cheap tickets for when you can be bothered to go, but you also want quality football to entice you to the handful of games. Can't have both these days I'm afraid.

A membership would also help lower your ticket prices if you're that interested.

Not sure if it was you that mentioned they now go to away matches as it works out cheaper. Unless you catch a megabus it won't be.

DC has previously stated he wants more season ticket holders, if you don't want to be a part of that then you'll miss out on some interesting times at Hillsborough in the next few seasons.

Unless the high prices are a cosh to batter you into buying a ST I don't think there is any justification for them. I can't see that they are generating vast amounts of income - but they do put people off.

Get them in to watch the games on a regular basis and then come up with a good ST scheme to entice them into the brotherhood. Or sisterhood! 

Edited by rickygoo

Maybe the club could look at that.

I know it's a new bracket, but the same way an ST holder doesn't expect to be treated as a part timer, a part timer shouldn't be made to feel like a wycombe willy puller.

10 games of your choice - £300 

You can laugh but there seems to be a bloody category for every rascal under the sun so I don't see why we can't have a part timer option where the club get 300 up front and you go to ten league games of your choosing.

I hate the ticket pricing of late. Nothing to do with whether they are right or wrong but the way is split the fanbase in a way I haven't seen before. We haven't known things this good for decades yet the fans are at civil war with each other.

We were more unified when we had a common enemy whether that be relegation, winding up or Francis jeffers.

Nowadays it just feels like an argument between tory voters and the rest

Chansiri said: “I pledge as chairman to explore every strategy to ensure we have as many fans inside Hillsborough as possible next season.“I want to see Hillsborough full and make our home an intimidating place for our opponents to visit. It makes me happy to see all our fans together and behind the club. We have a wide spectrum of supporters in our family and If some genuinely cannot afford a ticket over the course of the season, I say ‘please do not worry, we will find a way.’

I hate the ticket pricing of late. Nothing to do with whether they are right or wrong but the way is split the fanbase in a way I haven't seen before. We haven't known things this good for decades yet the fans are at civil war with each other.

We were more unified when we had a common enemy whether that be relegation, winding up or Francis jeffers.

Nowadays it just feels like an argument between tory voters and the rest

Just to think....

This is only the pre early bird prices that have been release, there's another 3 rounds of fallouts to come afterwards lol

It is a very divisive issue and I'd be expecting some ST holders having a bit of a backlash when the prices for when they buy their ST's are released.  

Everyone needs to chill and enjoy their first day back at work tomorrow..........which we know is what the real issue is.

You see, I don't mind arguments/posts like this. It's something that might help or back up your viewpoint, rather than just inane rambling.

Fancy re doing the figures taking in to account the 10% increase on season ticket prices for this season compared to last?

It's a rubbish post to be fair and I don't mean that disrespectfully.

The reason? No one knows what crowds might ha e been had blah blah blah

Should know what our fans are like

It's a rubbish post to be fair and I don't mean that disrespectfully.

The reason? No one knows what crowds might ha e been had blah blah blah

Should know what our fans are like

You mean it very disrespectfully - you could have said speculative, flawed, presumptious etc - but that's just fine

lol

Our fans are fine upstanding folk who have endured nearly 2 decades of poo !

Edited by rickygoo

Guest oasisowl81

I want Hillsborough full. I like it like that. lol

How many times in your 43 year true fan status have you seen Hillsborough full? I've been going since 1985 and I'd suggest it's been full less than 50 times in that period, hardly the norm is it.

How many times in your 43 year true fan status have you seen Hillsborough full? I've been going since 1985 and I'd suggest it's been full less than 50 times in that period, hardly the norm is it.

Never said was a true fan - I objected to being called a "fan".

It's barely been half full this season despite best football for 20 years. Go figure.

Guest oasisowl81

Never said was a true fan - I objected to being called a "fan".

It's barely been half full this season despite best football for 20 years. Go figure.

Perhaps not singularly because of the prices as you'd have us believe but more the fact that after 15 years of dross the fans who aren't regulars have found other things to fill their Saturdays with.

Don't believe the myth that it is purely cost that keeps fans from the going, there are a plethora of reasons.

We aren't a 30k regular per game club and haven't been since the 60s, the Sheffield way is to sit back and wait then jump on any potential success band wagon, I'm not saying that is wrong but more of a fact.

Guest Paolo Di Catio

Ticket prices are not a reason some don't go it's an excuse. A mate of mine is always crowing he's the biggest fan around.

2/3 games per season and that's him done.

He uses the ticket price as an excuse quite a bit these days, but come the Arsenal game and he was back. In his own words he'd have paid £100 to be there, that was before the game.

He's got a very good job/salary. Goes out every Fri/ Sat night with £200 in his pocket and spends more on plastic. Goes to several Horse races mid week and always in the bookies. Money is not an issue for him at all.

Some have drifted away and won't come back permanent, to have cheap prices to encourage the minority (a noisy one btw) is pointless IMO.

The noisiest (TAS) wouldn't go to every match if it was £10 each.

The 3yr deal is a cracking one IMO, I will be getting one and I hope others do too. It might seem a bit expensive now but the next 2/3 years will be costing nowt for what could be Prem football

I know it's a new bracket, but the same way an ST holder doesn't expect to be treated as a part timer, a part timer shouldn't be made to feel like a wycombe willy puller.

You can laugh but there seems to be a bloody category for every rascal under the sun so I don't see why we can't have a part timer option where the club get 300 up front and you go to ten league games of your choosing.

Couple of points:

1: haven't we established that the POTG prices have averaged around 31£ (not sure which stand) so far this season? If so, if you pick 10 games you should only be paying around 310£ instead of the 300£ you are purportedly willing to pay. In fact, if you chose wisely (cheaply) you could probably see 10 games for significantly cheaper.

2: one of the main issues people seemed to have this year was the amount of pricing categories that were announced. You're suggesting adding more.

3: do you really think there are many people who will think, you know what I'll give the club 300£ up front and be limited to 10 games - when for an extra 100-200£ (4£ a week) you could have the option of going to all 23 games? Seems bizarre to me...

Tbh, I have more sympathy with people saying they genuinely can't afford it, than you, who seems to be saying give me exactly what I want as a scenario or I won't bother turning up.

Ticket prices are not a reason some don't go it's an excuse. A mate of mine is always crowing he's the biggest fan around.

2/3 games per season and that's him done.

He uses the ticket price as an excuse quite a bit these days, but come the Arsenal game and he was back. In his own words he'd have paid £100 to be there, that was before the game.

He's got a very good job/salary. Goes out every Fri/ Sat night with £200 in his pocket and spends more on plastic. Goes to several Horse races mid week and always in the bookies. Money is not an issue for him at all.

Some have drifted away and won't come back permanent, to have cheap prices to encourage the minority (a noisy one btw) is pointless IMO.

The noisiest (TAS) wouldn't go to every match if it was £10 each.

The 3yr deal is a cracking one IMO, I will be getting one and I hope others do too. It might seem a bit expensive now but the next 2/3 years will be costing nowt for what could be Prem football

Nice one !

I actually agree with you on that.

Reading do something similar, in fact I think a lot of clubs do.

One has a offer on to buy 4 tickets for any game and save £20 overall on match day tickets, ok it's only a fiver a game but still a saving and still a Incentive to go when you are free.

You mean it very disrespectfully - you could have said speculative, flawed, presumptious etc - but that's just fine

lol

Our fans are fine upstanding folk who have endured nearly 2 decades of poo !

It really wasn't. I keep repeating that assumptions of what our attendances could be aren't quantifiable. It's that which makes the rest of your rubbish, apologies if that offends you.

Couple of points:

1: haven't we established that the POTG prices have averaged around 31£ (not sure which stand) so far this season? If so, if you pick 10 games you should only be paying around 310£ instead of the 300£ you are purportedly willing to pay. In fact, if you chose wisely (cheaply) you could probably see 10 games for significantly cheaper.

2: one of the main issues people seemed to have this year was the amount of pricing categories that were announced. You're suggesting adding more.

3: do you really think there are many people who will think, you know what I'll give the club 300£ up front and be limited to 10 games - when for an extra 100-200£ (4£ a week) you could have the option of going to all 23 games? Seems bizarre to me...

Tbh, I have more sympathy with people saying they genuinely can't afford it, than you, who seems to be saying give me exactly what I want as a scenario or I won't bother turning up.

Don't wanna sit on the kop, I don't like it.

Don't wanna feel obliged to go to 23 games, it's boring.

When it's a Tuesday night, freezing and Arsenal vs Bayern is on and you're off to watch Wednesday vs Bolton.

Ugh,

And no I wouldn't go to every game if it was a tenner, I'd go to about 10.

23 is far too much! Forgive me for not being that obsessed.

Guest Paolo Di Catio

When it's a Tuesday night, freezing and Arsenal vs Bayern is on and you're off to watch Wednesday vs Bolton.

Ugh,

Might be better for us all if you didn't go then if you'd rather watch Arsenal than Wednesday, who you find boring Edited by Paolo Di Catio

Ugh,

So you are only gonna turn up when you like, but only if we are playing quality teams, on a Saturday afternoon, and only if the price is less than 30£ to sit in the area of the stadium you like? And it doesn't matter how many deals or offers the club puts on for other games cos you wouldn't go to those anyway even if they were free...

Fair enough - but you might be waiting a long time.

And just because you can't have the exact terms and conditions that you want certainly isn't a reason to have a go at the club or Chansiri.

Just smacks of a spoilt child throwing his toys out of the pram.

Edit: the reason you wind people up is because you've taken a tread which is clearly about season ticket prices that have just been announced and turned it into a thread about you and your circumstances, despite having no intention of even thinking about buying a season ticket.

And you have tried to slag the club off in the process even though it is clear that they are trying to make competitive football as affordable as they can for a large range of people - and to get them to commit for the long run.

They will never be able to win with fans like you.

Edited by s110wl

It really wasn't. I keep repeating that assumptions of what our attendances could be aren't quantifiable. It's that which makes the rest of your rubbish, apologies if that offends you.

Business planning is full of what ifs and estimates - it's at the heart of it. I said it was disrespectful not that I was offended.