No selling of players - Including Joao

Guest _Ibbo_

Simple economics - If we sell Joao for £7m-£12m, it will cost at least that much to sign a decent replacement (if anyone of that standard is available for that price).

From the player's point of view, sure he could get offers to play in the Premier League from the likes of Newcastle, Aston Villa, Norwich and the like but where are they going to playing next season?

There's no guarantee that we'll be going up this year or next year for that matter but, if I were Joao, I'd probably be happier at S6 for the rest of this season rather than risk joining a club that will get relegated.

If I was Joao, I'd snap the hands off a team in the Premier League offering me a hugely inflated contract on the back of half a good season in England, considering he could pick up a serious injury in any game that left him half the player. It's a job for him, and guaranteed money is worth more than hypothetical promotion.

But I think he'll stay at least to the end of the year. I don't think he's quite proven yet to be worth the gamble at the price we'd surely ask from a Prem team. It is only half a season. That'll be different in July if he's gone to the Euros on the back of a big year, though.