How Wednesday celebated the 100th Birthday

Yeah the lapel badge was given away in the North Stand along with a year book that Dunsby hasn't featured. Shame we slipped up with the 5th of September though.

Didn't they used to give the yearbook away free in the programme at the start of the season anyway, for a couple of seasons running in the mid to late sixties? Only interesting thing in it was the historic cup fixtures, as I remember (unless you wanted to know how much Brian Hill weighed - which I didn't). 

was at the game and dont recall getting a badge ,did they give em out for the kop?

They (badges) were given to season ticket holders only (entry was at a reduced rate so this was a form of compensation to ST holders who otherwise would not have benefitted on the night) is the answer to that and also because

a) Wednesday have always been stingy, skinny farkers

b) There were only about 3 or 4 thou ST holders and they generally wore top hats and differentials had to be maintained

The bit about the badges only being for ST holders because of the reduced entry fee is, however, true as far as I can remember - as is the bit about there being very few ST holders in those days - good God! The bleeding things cost approx £4, after all!!!!

Do you have one of these?

1165_zps245j9oat.jpg

I've got one of those, given out when going through the turnstiles, think we lost that day to Everton 2-0.

Edited by Guest

The lapel pin was given to season ticket holders as they reduced turnstile prices for the match. As mentioned already the club wanted to let everyone in for free but weren't allowed. I was on the Kop that night, my sisters boyfriend gave me the pin and card which I still have

Guest minsk owl

Wondered how much it was for a normal game that season - could only find this !  Bloody rip off. Suppose the cheaper seats were the uncovered South?

IMG_1463_zpspzayuzlm.jpg

VERY QUIET WEEK ........ that was !! , .....  the week that the breathalyser was first introduced in UK  

Didn't they used to give the yearbook away free in the programme at the start of the season anyway, for a couple of seasons running in the mid to late sixties? Only interesting thing in it was the historic cup fixtures, as I remember (unless you wanted to know how much Brian Hill weighed - which I didn't). 

You are right there - I've got a couple with the yearbook still  stapled in the centre of a programme