Chill out ffs

Guest Deleted member

I think the problem is that most people were expecting a fairly straightforward summer - get the new pitch and scoreboard in, tie up the players we want to keep on new contracts, and use our new money to bring in half a dozen quality signings to add to our existing core and push us on to the next level. No drama - maybe if we were lucky we might hear about some exciting plans for the academy, the commercial side of the club etc.

So far all we know is that we have sacked our manager, all but one of the existing players is yet to sign a new contract, not a sniff of any new signings and who knows what the feck is going on with this committee! The club is being very silent and uncommunicative and we don't even know what the pre-season friendlies will be yet. Of course lots of rumours and speculation are bound to arise..

I think the problem is that most people were expecting a fairly straightforward summer - get the new pitch and scoreboard in, tie up the players we want to keep on new contracts, and use our new money to bring in half a dozen quality signings to add to our existing core and push us on to the next level. No drama - maybe if we were lucky we might hear about some exciting plans for the academy, the commercial side of the club etc.

So far all we know is that we have sacked our manager, all but one of the existing players is yet to sign a new contract, not a sniff of any new signings and who knows what the feck is going on with this committee! The club is being very silent and uncommunicative and we don't even know what the pre-season friendlies will be yet. Of course lots of rumours and speculation are bound to arise..

Do you honestly think nothing is being done by the team since the season started ?

Yes I do realise he owns his own businesses. Anybody can own a business, I've owned a few.

If your Dad gives you £100 million, you'd have made a fair bit out of property the last few years and you might own a few businesses yourself.

Like I said, I am not saying he is a bad businessman. However, I do not see how from the evidence we have, anybody can definitively say he is a good one. We are not talking about a self-made man here.

How do you know his dad gave him 100 million?

How do you know he's not self made?

What evidence is needed? He has his own successful businesses.

I don't know if his Dad gave him any money.  However on the balance of probability, his Dad is a billionaire - which do you think is more likely?

Again, I don't know he is or is not self-made but given his Dad is a billionaire - which do you think is more likely?

Its typical Owlstalk - if you don't instantly think that it is a foregone conclusion that everything is going to turn out brilliant, people don't like it.

Chansiri could be the best businessman in the World.  Equally, he could be absolutely useless and only have any wealth because his Dad gave him such a leg up it was impossible for him not to be.

That's all I am saying.  Keep your mind open.

Guest Distraught!

It's very easy to make lots of dosh in Asia if you have enough funds to invest in the first place. Most of the countries in the Asia Pacific region are emerging economies which gives opportunity to rake in huge returns on investment. I have met thousands of people in Asia, some considerably richer than Dejphon Chansiri, that appear to have very successful businesses but you would laugh at if you met them (Vincent Tan being a good example). I have also met many considerably wealthy individuals in Asia that you would not trust to run a bath. I do not know or met DC so none of what I say is any kind of inference to him or his ability to run a business.

I don't know if his Dad gave him any money.  However on the balance of probability, his Dad is a billionaire - which do you think is more likely?

Again, I don't know he is or is not self-made but given his Dad is a billionaire - which do you think is more likely?

Its typical Owlstalk - if you don't instantly think that it is a foregone conclusion that everything is going to turn out brilliant, people don't like it.

Chansiri could be the best businessman in the World.  Equally, he could be absolutely useless and only have any wealth because his Dad gave him such a leg up it was impossible for him not to be.

They are asset rich but cash poor. Their business does however have a good income stream.

In situations like that it is common to structure a business purchase by way of a deferred consideration. If you can demonstrate the source of the repayment then a bank will guarantee the future payments.

That means their is no risk to the vendor.

Given what I believe to be true I don't think our man has £100m swilling around in an account. I do however believe his families businesses are credit worthy and there is nothing to worry about.

Guest SolihullOwl

This thread title could be applied to so many people on here! Take your heads out of your backsides and stop being so serious!

Everything on here is pure speculation. Nobody has the facts except for the Chairman and those who in his committee.

The rest is all rumours and assumptions.

But I've been told off by a mod for my silly retro threads about signing players like Di Canio and selling players Like Hirst! Some have called for me to banned! I ask what for. I don't insult people, I'm not rude, I don't claim to be itk, I'm pure Wednesday through and through.

My latest article to get banned was so silly in its deletion. It simply Said Towis6, the only way is S6 as no other club is like ours or its fans!

How does that justify being deleted just some crusty old jobsworth type objects to something that doesn't suit their personal taste. I say to them, it's they who should get a life not I. My life is full of joy and I say share that outlook with others and try to spread the mirth, life is too short to be serious all the time. Not all posts have to be on breaking news. There is room for quirkiness and humour. If we all found the same thing funny life would be too bland.

Uto

ftb

The committee is in place and will have identified numerous players, and deals will already have been struck

A manager will be appointed

The world will carry on turning

And you don't see a problem with this?

Call me old fashioned if you like but I was always of the impression that the manager should have at least SOME input when players are coming into the club, especially when there's the level of recruiting required that is needed at Hillsborough this summer.

I've tried looking at the positive side in all of this (the committee, our not having a manager mid June or any season fixtures announced prior to the league fixtures being announced) and I'm really struggling here.

I honestly believe that some posters on here are clinging onto any thread of hope they can and burying their heads in the sand, as I myself cannot understand how anybody cannot be worried over the current goings on at Hillsborough.

I genuinely hope you're right and this thread gets bumped in 6 months time and everyone has a good old laugh at "drama queens" like me, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong but I'm genuinely worried that I'm not.

Guest Ellis Rimmer

Why do you keep saying his Dad gave him 100m then

Call me old fashioned if you like but I was always of the impression that the manager should have at least SOME input when players are coming into the club, especially when there's the level of recruiting required that is needed at Hillsborough this summer.

I've tried looking at the positive side in all of this (the committee, our not having a manager mid June or any season fixtures announced prior to the league fixtures being announced) and I'm really struggling here.

I honestly believe that some posters on here are clinging onto any thread of hope they can and burying their heads in the sand, as I myself cannot understand how anybody cannot be worried over the current goings on at Hillsborough.

I genuinely hope you're right and this thread gets bumped in 6 months time and everyone has a good old laugh at "drama queens" like me, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong but I'm genuinely worried that I'm not.

How does it differ from a national sales manager reporting into a board of directors in any other business?

You have say so in recruitment but not the ultimate say so.

Not really sure what the big flap is about.

Go back a few years and we were facing bankruptcy. The problems we have are nice problems to have compared to those days.

why do you and others think that nothing has been done since the season ended ? Do you really think they've been sat on their arses doing nothing..I mean really ?

What I have posted negative?

Read this to jog memories:

"Jose Riga is on the brink of leaving the club this weekend.

It is understood that the relationship between Riga and the increasingly unpopular chairman Karl Oyston has broken down. As of Saturday evening, Riga was still to learn his fate but it is understood that Blackpool have decided to sack their manager.

The manager, who had just six players available to him when he took over at the beginning of the summer, has been forced to adopt a bargain basement approach to his squad-building. At the start of the summer, he is understood to have been promised a £7million budget to construct his squad but such a war-chest never materialised."

Does this sound familiar to the situation here? Release majority of squad, Sack coach/manager, promise funds to new guy, struggle to attract new playing staff!

Let's hope it's not dejavu! 

What is different except for they had 6 players we have 12, still 10 short of a full squad! 

I made a pertinent point highlighting the similarity between Blackpools situ at the start of last season and that which we are currently in now.

Promises of money to spend and a threadbare squad with no manager/coach in place and aside from the pitch/scoreboard no investment in New players to show at this stage. 

Ffs what is tripe about similarity between Blackpool having no players and Riga in charge with false promises made to him and our situ now with reliable Gray gone in mystery scenario and no real squad and no Head coach to lead them!

How do you know he's pumping it in? 

How do you know he's not paying for things using his own money loaned to the club to be paid back at high interest?

I don't know that he is or that he isn't, but nor do you?

We've been linked to every man and his dog, but coincidentally to this Riga guy who was at Blackpool with promise of millions to invest in a threadbare squad. 

Chansiri has promised to spend what ever is necessary, sacked the coach, 12 players released (or whatever number it actually was) and we now have a threadbare squad! Very similar to Bloomfield Road! 

That's as I'm saying. Its just an observation, doesn't mean to say things won't turn out well but at the moment it's not looking like its very good! 

why do you and others think that nothing has been done since the season ended ? Do you really think they've been sat on their arses doing nothing..I mean really ?

Re-read my post and tell me where I've said nothing has been done since the season ended.

If you do care to have another look you'll see that my initial concern right at the start of my post was in response to Nigel saying deals were being done and I'd stated that I thought this should be done with at least SOME input from the manager.

We currently don't have a manager. Do try and keep up.

Re-read my post and tell me where I've said nothing has been done since the season ended.

If you do care to have another look you'll see that my initial concern right at the start of my post was in response to Nigel saying deals were being done and I'd stated that I thought this should be done with at least SOME input from the manager.

We currently don't have a manager. Do try and keep up.

Maybe a new manager was lined up after the takeover and has been working behind the scenes ever since.

I cannot imagine plans have not been put in place?