Your Worst Wednesday team

Guest Gazzaswfc

petter rudi was dreadful the day he destroyed Blackburn away in the premier league. The idea he'd be in the team but not yonk, Joc, potter, jimmy smith etc is laughable

Bambi on ice with less bottle.

Jonk was a thrower but a quality footballer. Joc did a good job for us, potter wasn't the worst midfielder we had at the time.

Anybody remember Grant Holt when he was at Wednesday? (Yep, the same 30-odd year old veteran now quite rightly in big demand everywhere in the Championship)

Turner signed him from non-League Barrow and he left Wednesday to join Rochdale, then in the fourth tier.

Whilst we might not want to sign him for the long terms today, this time last season, we'd have snatched his hand off.

I expect that young Baker who failed to impress whilst on loan from Chelsea earlier this season could well have a similar development. He's already doing quite well at MK Dons in League One, having dropped a level.

Fox made his debut against Orient I think in 73 as a 15/16 yr old when we had a keeper crisis and we won 2-0?Then didn't feature again until near the end of 1974, but was then 1st choice for the remainder of that disastrous season. The 1st season in division 3 he shared keeper duties with Neil Ramsbottom apart from 1 game when the legend Barry Watling played and we lost 2-0. I think Watlings real name was Barry Chuckle as both goals were the highest quality comedy thanks to him

Torryowl happy to be corrected mate but remember as a youngster Grummitt and Peter Springett slugging it out to be 1st choice and thinking god there must be someone somewhere better than them.

Am I right in thinking along came peter fox for a while before he left for Stoke

if i remember correctly grummitt lost his place to springett and moved to brighton ....springett then hit a dodgy spell and a very young fox came in and replaced for the last games of the season we got relegated .springett then got released and neil ramsbottom came in but fox soon ousted him .

Fox made his debut against Orient I think in 73 as a 15/16 yr old when we had a keeper crisis and we won 2-0?Then didn't feature again until near the end of 1974, but was then 1st choice for the remainder of that disastrous season. The 1st season in division 3 he shared keeper duties with Neil Ramsbottom apart from 1 game when the legend Barry Watling played and we lost 2-0. I think Watlings real name was Barry Chuckle as both goals were the highest quality comedy thanks to him

sounds about right mate .....watling was summat elsea dwarf in a green jumper .

Thanks for the info boys. Think after Springett was released he went to the Dingles for a few seasons where he retired and ended up being a copper sat on one of those fold up chairs at oakwell on match days. Remember fox's debut but couldn't have told you who it was against, knew he was around 16 though.

I should have remembered Ramsbottom and Watling before I posted anything in the 1st place

Guest Ellis Rimmer

1. Jones

2. Hinds

3. Jones

4. Purse 

5. Morrison 

6. James O'Connor

7. Maghoma

8. Potter

9. Jeffers

10. Morrison

11. Teale