Ben10; Biggsy has spoken..

Guest wilyfox

Guest wilyfox

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-weds/alan-biggs-at-large-ben-marshall-looking-more-likely-to-be-a-returning-rover-at-sheffield-wednesday-than-jordan-rhodes-1-7151993

From all I hear Ben Marshall is a far likelier summer arrival from Blackburn Rovers than Jordan Rhodes. But that’s hardly taking a pin to a balloon surely?

Expectation levels around Hillsborough are higher but not through the roof.

Signing Rhodes might necessitate Sheffield Wednesday multiplying their current wage ceiling of around £10,000 a week by five!

Not to mention a fee of some £8m and the hazards of straying outside Financial Fair Play.

Then again, this kind of speculation is inevitable now that the club is debt-free and under new ownership with unspecified funding.

And, of course, any Championship manager worth his salt would love a Rhodes-type player. The question is almost not worth asking.

Throw in the presence of the striker’s dad, Andy, on Stuart Gray’s staff plus Jordan’s astonishing seven goals in recent visits and the sums seem to add up.

Except perhaps the one that matters.

My soundings suggest resources will be spread rather than splashed on one spectacular signing.

Which brings us to Rhodes’ Blackburn team mate, Marshall, who needs no introduction after his League One loan spell and is rated highly by Gray. The winger is almost halfway into a four-year contract after signing from Leicester.

A substantial fee would be required, albeit not on the Rhodes’ scale.

And given the further rumour that Marshall would relish such a move after previous acclaim from Owls fans, he looks a viable target.

Excellent piece of speculative journalism. No contradiction on there whatsoever.

Biggs: here's my homework Ed

editor: excellent work Biggs, the usual finger in the air offering I see, lovely stuff, are you playing 18 or just the 9 holes later?

So what is Ben10's realistic price tag and what wages is he going to want?

We got over £1m for Antonio in the summer, he wanted more wages than we were paying too.

We paid around £800k for May I believe.

McGugan will cost at least £3m I speculate with over £10k per week wages naturally.

So compare Ben Marshall with the three above - not worth more than McGugan in my opinion, nor as good. Not the player he was for us in League 1, and short of game time in past couple of seasons. Would we really go in for him?Just the usual Biggs page filler nonsense I reckon. His article completely contradicts itself many times and openly states his views are simply speculation.

There'll be so much choice in the summer, why would we narrow ourselves to only bidding for a former player, who can't hold down a place in a rival team that aren't as good as us?

I think we all knew the notion of massive transfer fees and wages was in the realms of fantasy.

Ben 10 would be a great signing for the fans. 

Get Vardy as well and Keane and McGugan and thats pretty much a promotion side.

So what is Ben10's realistic price tag and what wages is he going to want?

We got over £1m for Antonio in the summer, he wanted more wages than we were paying too.

We paid around £800k for May I believe.

McGugan will cost at least £3m I speculate with over £10k per week wages naturally.

So compare Ben Marshall with the three above - not worth more than McGugan in my opinion, nor as good. Not the player he was for us in League 1, and short of game time in past couple of seasons. Would we really go in for him?Just the usual Biggs page filler nonsense I reckon. His article completely contradicts itself many times and openly states his views are simply speculation.

There'll be so much choice in the summer, why would we narrow ourselves to only bidding for a former player, who can't hold down a place in a rival team that aren't as good as us?

McGugan will cost less than £3m IMO, Reckon between 500k and £1m personally.

Is there another McGugan we don't know about?

He was moved away from training with the first team, he was farmed out on loan and he's coming into his final year of his contract

£3m!?!?

Is there another McGugan we don't know about?

He was moved away from training with the first team, he was farmed out on loan and he's coming into his final year of his contract

£3m!?!?

Sorry, I've caught 'Biggsy' it's a rare speculative disorder!

I don't know, how much do you think he's worth, and then apply a tag to Marshall in comparison?

Guest wilyfox

I anticipate a high six-figure fee for McGugan. I can't foresee hitting a million, simply because of his situation at Watford.