Wednesday offered £3 million

Guest Bournemouth Owl

i think Deane would have been a very handy acquisition for us regardless of him playing for the grunts - lets not have that fact cloud our judgement as it normally does on here

i can also remember hearing about the Jaap Stam trial or something, but he was what, about 19 at the time? was it Big Ron that turned him down? not sure

i also heard we were offered Marcelo Salas for £1m but he was unproven or something so we turned that down too

It should defiantly cloud out judgement, we don't sign united players  

The new owner will be taken to in the inner sanctum tonight and made to swear on the pain of death that he will never sign a united player.

Guest wilyfox

i also heard we were offered Marcelo Salas for £1m but he was unproven or something so we turned that down too

Oh my word! He was a fantastic player, I loved him. Falcao (at his best) reminds me of Salas.

Guest Bournemouth Owl

So the team in the early 90's

1, Woods

2, Petrescu

3, Worthington

4, Walker

5, Stam

6, Keane

7, Beckham

8, Waddle

9, Hirst

10, Shearer

11, Salas

Not bad.

And if you added Di Canio, Benito Carbone and Eric Cantona  to the squad as well .... Oh my giddy aunt

Guest Bournemouth Owl

Well talking off the top of my head as I usually do, Bright scored over 20 goals for 3 seasons running, but he still had his knockers even then and we all remember the sitter he missed in the last few minutes FA Cup Final replay.. Deane would have been a great signing because he was adored by the blunts and signing him would have naffed them off something rotten. Shearer was the signing I wanted at the time, but remember he was a young player then and was not carrying the pedigree that he developed.

My memory of it is pigs expected him to go and they were hawking him around . They did a hush hush deal with us wich was leaked to local media and reported as a done deal all hell broke loose at the sty and they ( not the player) backed out of the deal when they realised the mayhem it would cause he then went to weeds for less money and didn't do much

Well talking off the top of my head as I usually do, Bright scored over 20 goals for 3 seasons running, but he still had his knockers even then and we all remember the sitter he missed in the last few minutes FA Cup Final replay.. Deane would have been a great signing because he was adored by the blunts and signing him would have naffed them off something rotten. Shearer was the signing I wanted at the time, but remember he was a young player then and was not carrying the pedigree that he developed.

Think Bights goal record was 16,19,13 over 3 years. 48 in total good record he had with us.

Think Bights goal record was 16,19,13 over 3 years. 48 in total good record he had with us.

Aye and it took him 480 clear cut chances to score that many.  Don't get me wrong, I thought he was a cracking player for us, but he didn't half miss some sitters.

That is not a bad record for the division he was in, in the squad he was in and considering we scored a lot of goals from other positions during those years.

He ran the channels very well and he was a very good foil for others around him - he was not a Number 9, he was a Number 10.

Guest Bournemouth Owl

Well Checking it, he was top scorer for 3 seasons running.. but you are probably right with the goals.

Edited by Bournemouth Owl

Aye and it took him 480 clear cut chances to score that many. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was a cracking player for us, but he didn't half miss some sitters.

What I wouldn't give for a consistant 18-20 goal a season striker.