What did you really expect?

It could go any way, start winning, and it's just been a rough patch, but fail to win any of the next five, and that will be twelve games without a win. That would equal the twelve game run that Dave Jones presided over. I think we now have a better defensive unit than this time last season, hence more clean sheets. However, our attack cannot match the attack of Antonio, Fryatt and Wickham from last term, so we are probably unlikely to go on any winning run.

that's football mate often bites you on the backside but it will right itself eventually

true Trev  but  lack of ambition from above aside, I'm convinced it's a post City mauling lack of confidence. As you say if we can get a goal " in off the green un seller" as we used to say,  things could change quickly, people might start taking positive balls forward, runs in to the box, shots etc.  at the moment every thing is tentative without conviction nearly men

true Trev  but  lack of ambition from above aside, I'm convinced it's a post City mauling lack of confidence. As you say if we can get a goal " in off the green un seller" as we used to say,  things could change quickly, people might start taking positive balls forward, runs in to the box, shots etc.  at the moment every thing is tentative without conviction nearly men

A couple of things, I totally agree about the City mauling, I still cannot believe that some were saying it would have no effect on our league form Secondly, I'm less optimistic that we can kick start our goalscoring any time soon. I'm hugely disappointed that we've blown the opportunity to bring in a striker who can run in behind. None of our forwards have the pace or strength to get in behind so what really was the point of bringing in GTF? I'm not blind to what he offers, he's a good passer of the ball if you give him time, but if you have nobody to get on the end of those passes, what's the point. In GTF, Nuhiu, May and Madine, we have perhaps the slowest front line in the division, certainly not what you want when you are playing a largely defensive game, whilst trying to counter attack. A missed opportunity there methinks

Anyone thought that Norwich are maybe a very good side, full of players who have played in premier league and this is the reason we struggled on Saturday??

Sometimes you've got to take your hat off to opposition and say they're a better team like Watford and Norwich were.

We're 8 points above relegation, it's a good start. With just reasonable refereeing decisions and a tiny bit of luck  we'd be in the play offs.  Home form is clearly disastrous but Norwich, Watford, Derby and Forest are all  much better teams than us. Might be different against Blackpool, Birmingham, Huddersfield etc.

The last two seasons we have been involved in the relegation battle.

We haven't seen the squad be significantly improved upon from those seasons, so why would we have become a promotion contender? Do people seriously think it is simply a case of players like Coke just deciding this season they'll be excellent, I'm.spite of the fact they've never been so before?

I'm amazed by the extent of some of the negativity on here at the moment. We've hit a sticky patch where wins (and goals) are hard to come by, but we're hardly being turned over week in week out and the points tally is still steadily ticking over. After the dire straits of recent seasons, this is a fairly tame 'bad' patch.

Maybe we've lost a bit of perspective? At the start of the season...

Q1) ...which of the teams who are above us in the league would you have expected us to finish above?

Q2) ...which of the teams who are below us in the league would you have expected to finish above us?

If the answer to question 2 is longer than the answer to question 1, then we're doing OK, aren't we?

By my reckoning, I thought we'd finish above Charlton and Wolves but would finish below Reading, Leeds, Wigan, Fulham and Brighton, so we're up on my pre-season expectations.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-10-25 at 20.44.17.png

I think one or two got carried away early in season, Fulham, Wigan and possibly Brighton won't be down bottom come second half of season.

Charlton and Boro have had great starts but I'm not sure they'll continue this form, I think Wolves are over achieving a little and will end up mid table.

A lot of clubs around mid table us included you could put them in a hat and throw them up in air to see who comes where.

Maybe Leeds could end up down bottom along with Huddersfield.

Blackpool and Birmingham look likely to go down right now but like us last season a few good signings when new manager comes in can soon turn things around.

Edited by bradowl