Atdhe Nuihu

Guest UpTheOwlsss

The stats also say he played 52 games scoring 29 goals

I was under the impression he scored 32

Those statistics obviously don't include the Zenith Data cup then. We played just once in the competition that season, losing on penalties at home to Barnsley after a 3-3 draw in which Hirst scored all our goals.

Having read bits and pieces of JTO's thread (I just need to finish flicking through War and Peace as a holiday read first), there seems to be some good points, followed by absolute garbage that ruins it. Case in point: We all know Nuhiu is slow and his poor heading (in the box, outside of it it's excellent, I think it's a psychological thing) can leave us toothless from the wings (though let's see if that is still the case with Drenthe, who can hopefully swing a cross in that sometimes manages to a) beat the first man and b) not go sailing over everybody's heads for a goal kick).

However you then write that Nuhiu has poor concentration and gives the ball away too often. I'm sorry what? Nuhiu links up brilliantly with those around him, with a combination of little lay-offs to those steaming in ahead of him, and balls for May to run onto. Now unless you're arguing that because some of these balls for May to run onto don't always come off (and that doesn't really work because at this level at least half of those passes don't come off no matter who is the supplier) I just can't see where Nuhiu gives the ball away. Even if he ends up running into a blind alley he has an amazing knack of emerging from it with the ball, which is basically down to determination and persistence. However you argue that Madine "very rarely" loses the ball. Now I remember from Saturday, the very first time Madine touched the ball we were in a very promising position on the edge of the box, only for Madine to run into a blind alley and dither with the ball until Mancienne took the ball off him and started a break for Forest.

You also call him an "average" championship striker, despite the fact you write him off as considerably worse than two different strikers who have played less than 10 games combined in the championship this year, including one who was plying his trade at Halifax Town last year, who have you probably seen play once, perhaps more if you ever attended The Shay. It's these sort of sweeping statements that derail you Jon. None of us are arguing he's the best striker in the championship, we're arguing that he's nowhere near as bad as those who slag him off say he is.

Please can this be thread over and done with? Please?

Wow.

So much crap in there its nigh on impossible to answer.

Will do though, when I have time, cos it needs it.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

He wears blue and white stripes because we pay him more than anyone else was prepared to do........and if you think for one minute he wouldn't be pushing for a move, even across the City, if someone was willing to pay him more then you are sadly mistaken (as would nearly all the other players to be fair)

But for all those managers who have said he was unplayable etc, strangely enough none of them tried to buy him in the window

I don't think he will or won't I don't pretend to be "ITK" with Nuhui's intentions nor am I trying to second guess his pay structure or wishes for a guy I've only met for 30 seconds to sign my daughters shirt.

He has behaved impeccably as a footballer, and has worked his socks off for the blue and white stripes of Wednesday. He has made it clear on several times he feels incredibly lucky to play for us and believes he needs to repay that every week by training harder and trying to score goals for us.

Would he move for more money? I don't know, so I won't argue with you on that, apart from to say that you don't know either. Again Nuhui is just a man, like any of us, and to be honest none of us know what goes on in his head. However every Saturday he works hard for the team, and never gives up.

What more can you ask of him?

Edited by Mancunian_Owl

Guest Denvirg

POTM, suppose this result will be a fix according to some on here. Well done big man, shows that your hard work and gameplay is appreciated by most of our fanbase.

Long live King Adthe!! lol

Big Dave,  4 goals in the month enough said good strike rate, good all round play.

For those who don't like him thats your choice but i'm sorry you are very wrong.   All the crap about other teams in for him smoke mirrors and bull shiyte.  get behind the players and the team enjoy the ride.

Nah Nah nah nah nah nah nah

Guest Big Guns

I think people are just pleased that a Wednesday player has done well ............. I know you dont get that concept but ....

no there not there more bothered about having a pop at the newho haters than been pleased for the player

Guest Mancunian_Owl

no there not there more bothered about having a pop at the newho haters than been pleased for the player

1/10 on the Flounce'o'meter for that one BG, you've got a real persecution complex going on this thread. 

Lads are just congratulating the big man on winning player of the month for SWFC, meaning SWFC fans thought he was our best player this month. Which is pretty much what a few of us have been saying, that he has been our best player this month.

In short Atdhe Nuhui was voted our best player of the month, by SWFC, meaning SWFC fans thought he was our best player this month.

Well done Adthe Nuhui on getting voted as our Player of the Month, as voted by SWFC fans.....