"Time to move on" "Tell Mamma to do one"

Why?

Imagine Mamma had never happened. It appears everyone on here thinks that all of a sudden Milan would have opened his wallet and mounted a push for the top six. Not happened before, not happening any time soon. Our squad would be roughly the same whether mamma was the background or not.

The only real difference is we may have picked up a couple of free transfers. Like we do EVERY season. Just enough to keep us ticking over. People seem to think our squad is weaker, is it? Is it really? We've shifted out a lot of average players who hardly played between them anyway. When they did, they were widely slated by you lot anyway.

Ironically, the sale of Antonio, which I believe would have happened takeover or no takeover might just be the catalyst for something positive. We'll see on that one.

So to conclude, there's absolutely no point telling MAMMA to do one. Sounds like he's a football man with some exciting plans but his cash has been locked up. Just bad luck I'm afraid.

Anyway, he'll get his cash back soon and we'll blow red hot sh*t over this crappy league.

I'm with you crazy man. :mama:  :milan:

He's got no money

If other people are interested, I hope Milan is following it all up.

The irony is owlstalk seemed to do better due diligence than Milan, there were people on here who pulled up red flags when this was announced.

Guest Big Guns

He's got no money

The irony is owlstalk seemed to do better due diligence than Milan, there were people on here who pulled up red flags when this was announced.

No one knew a war was coming did they

The squad is weaker and to suggest it isn't would be naive

Yes the players we've let go weren't really good enough, but we've not done anything to replace those players, or Best, or Afobe and as a result it's looking like random 17 year olds are going to be on the bench and Giles Coke will be regular starter, it's all looking a bit desperate especially now that we've managed to pick up a few injuries

We've got a decent ( ish ) first 11, but in terms of depth and options available, the squad is considerably weaker and needs real improvement

Edited by Lee A

He's got no money

I think you're right about the due diligence bit, I think he has got a few bob tho and I wouldn't mind being a few rubles behind him.

But to use another housing analogy

It would be a bit like you used to run your own successful business but it fell on bad times and you spent all your money seeing people and creditors right, however you still have a house worth a £million, it sounds good on paper but it's no good if you can't sell it...

The squad is weaker and to suggest it isn't would be naive

Yes the players we've let go weren't really good enough, but we've not done anything to replace those players, or Best, or Afobe and as a result it's looking like random 17 year olds are going to be on the bench and Giles Coke will be regular starter, it's all looking a bit desperate especially now that we've managed to pick up a few injuries

We've got a decent ( ish ) first 11, but in terms of depth and options available, the squad is considerably weaker and needs real improvement

It's not weaker. Don't compare the squad that finished last season and was full of loans to the squad starting this season. We'll bring in another load of loans in the next couple of weeks and nothing will be any different.

Why would the war / skirmish that's going on stop MH from paying the Baku players ?

It wouldn't would it? or his bank becoming bankrupt, or his company losing control of the gas wells in Azerbaijan. But these can be ignored because they don't fit with the made up fantasy explanation.

It's not weaker. Don't compare the squad that finished last season and was full of loans to the squad starting this season. We'll bring in another load of loans in the next couple of weeks and nothing will be any different.

So we are currently weaker than how we finished last season then.

Season starts tomorrow, as gray himself said we have 7 games in three weeks. That could be a lot of damage done in a short time until we get new recruits in.

As has been said, we have a reasonable starting 11 but a serious lack of options. The thought of a bench with Betra, coke, Zayette and a couple of youth players doesn't inspire me. And if we pick up any injuries we are really in trouble.

The squads four players minimum light.

It wouldn't would it? or his bank becoming bankrupt, or his company losing control of the gas wells in Azerbaijan. But these can be ignored because they don't fit with the made up fantasy explanation.

Regardless of why he hasn't got the money, if he hasn't got it and there are potential other bids floating about, we should be looking at it.

So we are currently weaker than how we finished last season then.

Season starts tomorrow, as gray himself said we have 7 games in three weeks. That could be a lot of damage done in a short time until we get new recruits in.

As has been said, we have a reasonable starting 11 but a serious lack of options. The thought of a bench with Betra, coke, Zayette and a couple of youth players doesn't inspire me. And if we pick up any injuries we are really in trouble.

The squads four players minimum light.

The point I'm making is that there is very little difference between llera/zayette coke/prutton et al. We've added a young championship proven centre back, we'll have Hutchinson for the whole season. We've got madine as an option who wasn't available last season. We're stronger in the GK department. We've got loovens from the start.

I remember many threads last season imploring Gray to play the likes of betra and stobbs instead of jj and afobe.

We've had a bid accepted for that Scots geezer and the promise of more.

Like I said, we'll bring in a few loans and we'll be better off than last season.

Guest aj_owl

The point I'm making is that there is very little difference between llera/zayette coke/prutton et al. We've added a young championship proven centre back, we'll have Hutchinson for the whole season. We've got madine as an option who wasn't available last season. We're stronger in the GK department. We've got loovens from the start.

I remember many threads last season imploring Gray to play the likes of betra and stobbs instead of jj and afobe.

We've had a bid accepted for that Scots geezer and the promise of more.

Like I said, we'll bring in a few loans and we'll be better off than last season.

We haven't even bid according to St. Johnstone's manager.

That said I don't think many can sell this as positively as you have. You make some sense but not entirely.

We released a few reasonable squad players and have filled them with nothing that's still not a positive.

We haven't even bid according to St. Johnstone's manager.

That said I don't think many can sell this as positively as you have. You make some sense but not entirely.

We released a few reasonable squad players and have filled them with nothing that's still not a positive.

I thought the highlighted bit was old news?

And we have replaced the squad players, Llera out/ Lees in, Taylor out/ Kelhar in, Prutton out, Hutch in. Ok we've lost Reda, but he was one of 3 Leftbacks and barely played through injury anyway. We've lost JJ, but again he rarely played and never really did a lot anyway. I'd sooner give Stobbs a run than him anyway. I don't buy the argument that we had Hutchinson anyway because he was a loan player, we didn't have him the whole season and there's still time in the next couple of weeks to bring in loans, which I'm sure we will. I'd rather Hutchinson permanently and a loan as backup, than Hutchinson on loan and first choice, with Prutton as backup.

Ok, so we've lost Antonio, although again hebarely played because of injuries, but hopefully that cash will be used to bring in some decent recruitments. 

All that matters at the moment is our starting line-up which I think is superior to last seasons, and I think the majority of people would agree? We'd have to be very unlucky to be hit with another load of injuries. Yes it could happen, can't deny that. However if we bring in a few loans and a couple of permanent signings in the next couple of weeks, I think we're be in a much stronger position than last season. 

Also don't underestimate the fact that Maghoma, Palmer, Nuhiu, Mattock, Lavery have a whole seasons experience in their locker. Surely that too makes us a stronger proposition.

All that matters at the moment is our starting line-up which I think is superior to last seasons, and I think the majority of people would agree? We'd have to be very unlucky to be hit with another load of injuries. Yes it could happen, can't deny that. However if we bring in a few loans and a couple of permanent signings in the next couple of weeks, I think we're be in a much stronger position than last season.

Also don't underestimate the fact that Maghoma, Palmer, Nuhiu, Mattock, Lavery have a whole seasons experience in their locker. Surely that too makes us a stronger proposition.

Kirkland/westwood

Buxton(injured),Palmer

Lees, loovens, Zayette, Kelhar

Mattock,Helan(injured), floro

Maguire

Hutchinson, lee, semedo(injured) coke, mccabe, corry

Maghoma

Nuhiu, Madine, lavery(injured)

So in short - 2 keepers, one right back, four centre backs, two left backs, two wingers, 5 centre mid, 2 strikers.

16 outfield players. Plus the young lads like Betra. 2 injuries could hugely damage us.

I'm hoping/expecting 4 new signings. Especially upfront and out wide. Best, afobe and Antonio absolutely need replacing at the very least.