Kirkland/westwood

Buxton(injured),Palmer

Lees, loovens, Zayette, Kelhar

Mattock,Helan(injured), floro

Maguire

Hutchinson, lee, semedo(injured) coke, mccabe, corry

Maghoma

Nuhiu, Madine, lavery(injured)

So in short - 2 keepers, one right back, four centre backs, two left backs, two wingers, 5 centre mid, 2 strikers.

16 outfield players. Plus the young lads like Betra. 2 injuries could hugely damage us.

I'm hoping/expecting 4 new signings. Especially upfront and out wide. Best, afobe and Antonio absolutely need replacing at the very least.

I agree, we're short of quality up top and strength out wide.I'm just not with doomsters who say we're nailed on for relegation, when I believe our starting line up and squad after a couple of signings will be stronger than last season.

Edited by Nookiebear

I agree, we're short of quality up top and strength out wide.I'm just not with doomsters who say we're nailed on for relegation, when I believe our starting line up and squad after a couple o

f signings will be stronger than last season.

I don't think we'll go down, mainly because I think we'll strengthen and there's a good core to work with.

I'm pi55ed at Milan and mamma for allowing us to get this far and not have got our recruitment better organised. Between them we've been set up to start badly, gray and the players deserve better support.

Flash the prospect of a few million being spent and you'll always get plenty of our fans falling over themselves to welcome the new "messiah", regardless of how poo the person potentially coming in is.

Seen people defend the likes of Sheard, pi55 pot 9 sports to the hilt because they have " loadsa money".

How someone can't be mildly concerned at what has happened, or not happened, since Mammadov came on the scene is beyond me.

And before anyone starts - i do respect Milan and what he's done for this club, but I also know that he's a business man, one who takes over struggling clubs, builds them up to an extent, and then sells up and gets out.

Flash the prospect of a few million being spent and you'll always get plenty of our fans falling over themselves to welcome the new "messiah", regardless of how poo the person potentially coming in is.

Seen people defend the likes of Sheard, pi55 pot 9 sports to the hilt because they have " loadsa money".

How someone can't be mildly concerned at what has happened, or not happened, since Mammadov came on the scene is beyond me.

And before anyone starts - i do respect Milan and what he's done for this club, but I also know that he's a business man, one who takes over struggling clubs, builds them up to an extent, and then sells up and gets out.

Can't disagree with that. People on here warned of cash problems with this guy a while ago, if they can find it out I'm sure Milan could.

I trust Milan, but I do wonder if he's hoping more than expecting mammadov to come good.

Can't disagree with that. People on here warned of cash problems with this guy a while ago, if they can find it out I'm sure Milan could.

I trust Milan, but I do wonder if he's hoping more than expecting mammadov to come good.

I agree with  both of those - MIlan will always have respect and thanks from me because he was there when the tish really had hit the naf for us - but he's a business man and we were never in doubt about that. You could never expect him to die in a ditch for Wednesday. Trouble about HM is he hasn't given any hint yet that he's got the professional integrity that (I think) Milan has got and he's worried most people with this Lens farce. Fact is, though, we don't really know the ins and outs of that, we only know the stuff that people with fairly substantial axes to grind want us to know. My own feeling is that the takeover is going through  fairly normally - just brain-numbingly slowly (as is the way with lots of things, really). I don't think HM is too concerned about what happens to the team for the first quarter of the season at the very least - possibly more - as his interest is medium term (which  in most businesses that I know is 3 - 5 years) and then reviewing his options. Bloody frustrating for us drunken fanatics, though, ain't it?

Nookie I almost didn't read your post because I thought you were so wide of the mark...My mood recently improved on our signing of May so decided on a trawl, to discover your post was spot on... I know it's hard but patience let things run their course we MAY be in clover !

My posts are always spot on.

if we can copy what Burnley did last year then i'll be a happy Owl, think they were 1 of the favourites for the drop last year and they didnt do too bad. If the takeover does fall through we all know that Milan wont let us get relegated, he has more to lose if we do, and we know he put his hand in his pocket for some good loans in the past.

Whatever happens, happens. WE will still support Wednesday, no matter what