The official football heaven 2014/15 thread

Mick and yourself need to look at the definition of a Derby game. Sheffield clubs against Rotherham, Barnsley, Donny and Leeds are Derby games. If you don't understand Staton's argument you'll never understand owt.

SUFC yes that one does matter.but the rest forget it.

personally this is more about RS presenters trying to jazz up a game

seriously weeds are not a big or important team any more dont want to lose against them but then again same with anyone

Staton wasn't saying games against Leeds United are more important than games against Sheffield United, he quite rightly described tomorrow's game as a derby game. You may say tomorrow isn't important to you, but by definition it's a derby game. Check the dictionary definition. Staton, brilliant tonight by the way.

Staton wasn't saying games against Leeds United are more important than games against Sheffield United, he quite rightly described tomorrow's game as a derby game. You may say tomorrow isn't important to you, but by definition it's a derby game. Check the dictionary definition. Staton, brilliant tonight by the way.

a derby is indeed described as a game in the local area  they arent local

if you want to be clever define 'local'   they are 30 miles away 

the blunt match is THE derby

to call other games derbies / yorkshire derby is to lessen the term IMO  

Rob Is sh*t tonight btw

Mick and yourself need to look at the definition of a Derby game. Sheffield clubs against Rotherham, Barnsley, Donny and Leeds are Derby games. If you don't understand Staton's argument you'll never understand owt.

I fully understand Robs argument but he's making out that i said it wasn't important which it is but 30 miles away come on 

Derby and Forest are about 40 miles away and as important to me as Leeds as Matches can i class them as Derbys

a derby is indeed described as a game in the local area  they arent local

if you want to be clever define 'local'   they are 30 miles away 

the blunt match is THE derby

to call other games derbies / yorkshire derby is to lessen the term IMO  

Rob Is sh*t tonight btw

Absolutely spot on there.The Steel City Derby is the Only Derby.Dingles,Toytowners,Chezzy and Donkeys don't count.

sports event between teams in the same area:local derby between Manchester United and Manchester City

From the Cambridge Dictionary

I reckon that is closer to my definition than Robs but of course i made the point so Jack will automatically disagree