Roger Johnson?

He would want too much in wages

He might have no choice but to take a pay cut . Hardly played for the Hammers and if he goes back to Wolves wont be playing. . He might well have to decide weather to sit in the stand at Wolves seeing out his contract or accept lower wages and play football somewhere else . 

Nowt to do wi money, he was contracted by wolves and would receive his full wage. Irrelevant to him what % of his wages were paid by us or whu

If I remember correctly he actually did take a pay cut to join us on loan as Wolves wouldn't top it up from what we offered to pay and he wanted to get playing again.

flip him. If he's only interested in sitting on bench at west ham, i'd rather we went it for a younger and more hungry player at a more affordable price.

He didn't know he was only going to be sitting on the bench though, and besides, although it was against Man City so he can perhaps be forgiven for struggling, but if he'd put in a better showing of himself in his debut then he may well have kept his place.

It was his shot at the big time again and I can hardly begrudge the guy for taking it.

Nowt to do wi money, he was contracted by wolves and would receive his full wage. Irrelevant to him what % of his wages were paid by us or whu

Im sure I read somewhere that Wolves refused to subsidise his wages to play for another club. He took a massive cut to play for us and ppl can't really blame him for wanting what was surely one last crack at the premier league

Im sure I read somewhere that Wolves refused to subsidise his wages to play for another club. He took a MASSIVE cut to play for us and ppl can't really blame him for wanting what was surely one last crack at the premier league

This is correct

He did take a huge pay cut to play for us

He would have returned to Wolves if West Ham hadn't come in because it cost him a fortune to play for us

He still has a year of a very large contract to go - whether he was to forego some of that money to play elsewhere is up to him.

He might be prepared to take a wage cut in return for a longer deal?

we can't have all three because in all likelihood onyewu won't sign with us, he'll see himself as being better than a mid-table second division side. Johnson's wage demands will be high but I agree if milan wants us to progress we'll have to make an investment like that. I also agree a young centre back would be good for a bit of pace and fitness.

onyewu might struggle to find a better club than us with his injury record.

Options for RJ in reality is sit out his wolves contract for ayear then take a massive pay cut as he's been out of action for a year. Or take a cut now and get a 2 or 3 year deal playing regularly. Or a years loan on subsidised wages if wolves want shut. We know MM is a canny negotiator so it may be possible. But I think it will gooch or RJ not both nice as that would be

This is correct

He did take a huge pay cut to play for us

He would have returned to Wolves if West Ham hadn't come in because it cost him a fortune to play for us

He still has a year of a very large contract to go - whether he was to forego some of that money to play elsewhere is up to him.

He might be prepared to take a wage cut in return for a longer deal?

I thought there was a deal agreed and he was about to sign for us just before West Ham came forward though?