Gerald Sibon

He was unpopular to start with as he looked lazy. Add to this he was signed at the same time as de bilde, Jonk etc. The beginning of our demise. But towards the end he was our most popular player I'd say. His name was sung every game. Once the penny dropped his class shone through.

the reading game was his swansong he left the following week .like a lot of others have said had ability by the bucket load which just about made up for his lack of grit and determination but weather he was worth the 4/5 million he cost us is debatable.

2 million wasn't it?

Guest zico sterland

Bad first season but improved the second season, so much talent with not enough effort , but was head and shoulders above the rest of the squad for ability after relegation. I loved him but could see why many didnt.

He was unpopular to start with as he looked lazy. Add to this he was signed at the same time as de bilde, Jonk etc. The beginning of our demise. But towards the end he was our most popular player I'd say. His name was sung every game. Once the penny dropped his class shone through.

2 million wasn't it?

was including his wages ,was here 4 years and would have been the top earner for the last 2.

2 million wasn't it?

We supposedly paid 3m for de Bilde and 2m for Sibon.

If only we'd signed Robbie Keane for 6m and left them alone...

He was unpopular because he only played for 20 minutes a game. He then became popular when the rest of the team couldn't manage 20 minutes of decent play between them.

agree  the bloke was an enigma his free kicks were rogue missiles

I know, especially as he was one of of the players who didn't jump ship after our relegation. We were meant to come straight back up but when none of your top players wanna stay, what can you do?

Players who jumped ship;

Ian Nolan

Peter Atherton

Niclas Alexandersson

Danny Sonner

Peter Rudi

Andy Booth

Richard Creswell

Giles De Bilde

Sibon was one of the few decent players who stuck by us. However, pains me to say it but with the exception of Alexandersson, for this bunch of players to feel they could do better than a well fancied league 1 (at the time) winning team there must have been a lot going wrong at the club.

Stuck by us? He stayed because nobody would take him and his wages off us.

He was awful in the premier league, and only really stood out toward the end of his time here, when we were a league lower and the team was full of absolute dross.

Had the talent but didn't apply himself. His lazy attitude made him even more frustrating because you knew what he could do.