Players who made only one appearance

Guest Ponty_Owl

Guest Ponty_Owl

Hesford never played......despite being the England U21 keeper when we signed him

Simmons didn't either......sold him to QPR for about £50k before he'd ever played for us after scoring 40 odd for the reserves the previous season

100k apparently.

Guest Ponty_Owl

Nixon never started though did he?

Doesn't matter if he started or not, just if he made a first team competitive appearance and he made one.

Guest Ponty_Owl

Maurice Ross cant have made many appearances before being shipped out.

Think the 'Flying Binman' Colin Walker only made 1 League appearance - scored a hat trick at Stockport (at Maine Road) in the League Cup.

Great shout on Walker, two competitive appearances. That's one hell of a games to goal ratio.

Jim Holton!!!

Think we signed him and he broke his leg in his first appearance in a pre season friendly.

So he never made a competitive start? Now that's class.

Didn't he break his leg playing against us for Man U too?

I think it was in the famous 4-4 draw at Hillsborough.

Yep zero appearance for Jim Holton (friendly was at Crewe).

Not the luckiest was he? died from heart attack early 40s!

I could have sworn it was against Huddersfield at Hillsborough, Long time ago so you're probably right.

Hesford never played......despite being the England U21 keeper when we signed him

Simmons didn't either......sold him to QPR for about £50k before he'd ever played for us after scoring 40 odd for the reserves the previous season

I thought Simmons made a second half appearance at Shrewsbury.

Mickaël Antoine-Curier. I saw the lads 'debut'  in a reserve game Derby against the blunts.

Looked like a cart horse in plastic boots. Surprised he even got one first team game after that.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Guest Ponty_Owl

Is Tumulty still on our book s or has he dropped out of football altogether now?

He was last at Morpeth.

No idea if he still is.

Guest Ponty_Owl

Mickaël Antoine-Curier. I saw the lads 'debut'  in a reserve game Derby against the blunts.

Looked like a cart horse in plastic boots. Surprised he even got one first team game after that.

And somehow he pillaged 30 odd goals in under 40 games in one stint with a club in Norway after that!

Lots of these players found their way to Norway it seems...

Rocky lekaj, was excited to see him play and he was terrible when he came on against Colchester. Was a weaklin. God knows what he's up to these days.

Rocky Rexhap Lekaj (born 12 October 1989) is an Kosovo-born footballer, who has represented Norway at an international youth level, and formerly played in midfield for Sheffield Wednesday.[3] He currently plays for Raufoss.

scored 8 in 8 according to wiki

Bloody hell aye! Bowman was a young en, where did he end up?

Matthew Bowman (born 31 January 1990 in BarnsleySouth Yorkshire) is an English football player who played once for Sheffield Wednesday. Although an Academy player he was called up to the senior squad at the start of 2006-07 season to ease the club's injury problems. Matt made good progress in the under-18s and reserves before earning his first-team debut at Hillsborough against Wrexham in theLeague Cup in August 2006, where at the age of 16 years and 205 days, he became the youngest outfield player ever to appear for Wednesday.[1] He was released by the club at the end of the season, however.

He is currently playing for Liverpool John Moore's University 2nd team. At the same he uses most of his free time working out in the gym.

And somehow he pillaged 30 odd goals in under 40 games in one stint with a club in Norway after that!

Lots of these players found their way to Norway it seems...

Not to be sniffed at them Scandinavian Leagues. Legendary hitman Kim Olsen bagged more goals than games back home , a truly impressive feat !!

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Eric Wilkinson, Dereks brother, played one game for us on 10th Sept 1958, he played only once and he was with us for only one day.

I knew Eric (and Derek) when I was a kid, Derek used to bring me to Hillsborough, they both lived in Stalybridge where I live.

I remember Eric taking a shot at me in goal, he hit the ball from the half way line, it whistled over my head, it would have killed me if it had hit me, a proper leather casey.

Eric was a fantastic footballer but was crowd shy, we lost out on a great player there, it would not happen today

Guest Ponty_Owl

Lloyd Owusu. Was at the club for ages yet only seemed to make an appearance on the pitch against pigs scored with first touch....didn't touch the ball again his whole Wednesday career lol

There's another thread in itself, how many people can remember a player struggling so badly with nerves and being sick at the side of the pitch?!

I think it was against Rochdale in the cup when the stewards had to look after him wasn't it? Properly strange for a player who had been banging them in for a while before he came to us.