Players who made only one appearance

Guest Ponty_Owl

None of these beat the infamous Diogo Amado.

Plenty of promise shown pre-season...then he decided he hated Sheffield and buggered off without making a professional appearance for us.

The big girls blouse.

Can remember young Rob Poulter's debut. Strange circumstance when he came on. Blackpool in the LDV JPT Vans Paintpot whatsitsname....Tidman got COMPLETELY wiped out by a Blackpool player...the ball went in the net..the goal stood even though Tidman's sprawled out unconscious on the floor. Then this young gangly fella who's kit didn't fit him had to go in net and save our season by taking us to the final. Poor sod.

That game reminds me as well...young Ross Greenwood, remember him? He played that game. He can't of made many appearances for us?

Rob poulter came and played for our Sunday league team playing outfield for a bit when he got released.

Decent kid and fantastic striker of a ball.

A couple of more famous ones...

Competitive...?

Jay Bothroyd vs Leeds

Non-competitive...

Eric Cantons vs Baltimore Bullets

Weren't it Baltimore Blast?

I only remember because I used to play Speedball 2 a lot back then, it just reminded me of the teams on that game.

Edited by salmonbones

Guest Ponty_Owl

Eric Wynalda

No.

Wynalda did come on trial (1994 winter time if memory serves) and also had a trial at Palace, when his German club were relegated (I think). He wasn't offered a contract and never made a competitive start, same as Eric Cantona.

Interestingly he was kind of linked to us in another way too, John Harkes was axed from the USA squad for allegedly doing the dirty with Wynalda's missus.

Guest Ponty_Owl

Oh and Bothroyd played a dozen or more for us, I'm surprised someone so recent who played so many in a short space of time was given a mention tbh.

Weren't it Baltimore Blast?

I only remember because I used to play Speedball 2 a lot back then, it just reminded me of the teams on that game.

Speedball 2 - Brutal Deluxe...

Quality Bitmap Brothers game.

Reminded me of the film Rollerball.

Guest Ponty_Owl

Is it Andy Hinchcliffe?

Bloody hell!!

The bloke played for us for years, I bet he notched up almost 100 appearances.

That's a shocker.

Sorry.

Guest Ponty_Owl

Phil Campbell & Brian Strutt circa 1980

Campbell is spot on (though I did name him a lot earlier, sorry).

Now Strutt, that's an awesome shout! I'd forgot about the teaser. But sadly no, he made two competitive league appearances for us. Great shout though!

No.

Wynalda did come on trial (1994 winter time if memory serves) and also had a trial at Palace, when his German club were relegated (I think). He wasn't offered a contract and never made a competitive start, same as Eric Cantona.

Interestingly he was kind of linked to us in another way too, John Harkes was axed from the USA squad for allegedly doing the dirty with Wynalda's missus.

Wow, good shout. I missed the "competitive" until after I'd posted so expected to get some grief, so thanks for that!

Guest Ponty_Owl

Wow, good shout. I missed the "competitive" until after I'd posted so expected to get some grief, so thanks for that!

lol

No worries. I'd forgotten about Wynalda and his trial, thanks for bringing it up.