The greater good. 'Support'.

Guest BigH

Well. We'll see if Jones and his players actually want to win a football match. That is; try to be assertive for a full 90 minutes. With the team selection, formation and on the pitch.

I don't want to watch a chess match where we always predictably lose.

I'm not particularly needy - I just want to see some effort.

I always thought football was a simple game - you set your team up properly and tell them to go and win.

We will see.

I think your expectations are far too high gary megson

That's a good point, at most other clubs attendances would be way down.

I can remember the 70's when at one stage crowds at Hillsborough were down to 10,000. That was old third division football, same as todays league one. I dont think it will ever get that far down again, but i'm sure there will be some saying thats enough , with the rise of ticket prices, no real ambition from MM to make more money available for DJ to strengthen the team, abject performances , i'm sure we have not hit this present regimes rock bottom yet.

Edited by south_wales_owls

I can remember the 70's when at one stage crowds at Hillsborough were down to 10,000. That was old third division football, same as todays league one. I dont think it will ever get that far down again, but i'm sure there will be some saying thats enough , with the rise of ticket prices, no real ambition from MM to make more money available for DJ to strengthen the team, abject performances , i'm sure we have not hit this present regimes rock bottom yet.

I remember it all mate,  I was there at the time.

Well. We'll see if Jones and his players actually want to win a football match. That is; try to be assertive for a full 90 minutes. With the team selection, formation and on the pitch.

I don't want to watch a chess match where we always predictably lose.

I'm not particularly needy - I just want to see some effort.

I always thought football was a simple game - you set your team up properly and tell them to go and win.

We will see.

Ultimately tho its the players themselves.  What has really killed us this season is all the injuries, at one point all four full backs were injured, two of whom are big players for us (Buxton, Reda).  Then we go and lose Gardner!  Once we can get a settled back four (the one that played at Brighton the other night) I'm sure the results will start to go our way. 

In addition to this the areas where we were lacking Championship quality (centre mid and up front) have been addressed to some extent with the signings of McPhail and Fryatt. 

The question that still needs answering, as you mentioned, is how will we perform at home when the onus is on us to attack?  There are encouraging signs from the last two performances and with the new players that have come into the team plus the return of Buxton. 

Now.

All you do gooders can go to the game on Saturday and wave your flags about while singing Dave Jones Barmy Army.

Alternatively you can help you're club in the long run and get jones sacked.

I enjoy the game far more in a hostile environment. I'd much rather boo and shout nasties at the manager and team than sing about how good Llera is at free kicks.

The greater good.

Is this an early attempt at a Match Day thread?? No mention of pies or drinks or clothing. Try again. Your previous attempts were better.