Why Was He Called Bronco?

Guest GreenGoose

TV was black and white in those days, only 425 lines as well, so pictures weren't exactly clear......didn't realize then that there was such a reseblance with Ty Hardin......it was purely the name though that gave rise to the nickname. Anybody remember the music to the series (it was a series rather than a film)?.... Bronco, Bronco, Bronco Layne.

ty_003.jpg

David Layne

layneDM0212_468x659.jpg

Ty Hardin

Those captions are the wrong way round by the way.  The poster obviously knows- but our young fans won't.

Yes- Rawhide and Bronco Layne were both big TV series on Sat nights in the early 60's.  For some reason I always thought a young Clint Eastwood played Bronco.  I got mixed up with Rawhide it seems. You learn sumats new every day.

I used to get back from some away games just in time to watch it. Shows what crap was on TV in those days- nowt changes.   Bronco Layne would have played for England if he hadn't been such a greedy sod.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronco_%28TV_series%29

Edited by Lincs Owl

I suspect Bronco is walking into court in that photo. Looks like he's in London.

They should have all pleaded not guilty and stuck to it.   I don't think there was any hard evidence against Swan Kay and Layne.  Just Jimmy Gauld's word against theirs, as far as I know. Anyone know different?

Guest Distraught!

ty_003.jpg

David Layne

layneDM0212_468x659.jpg

Ty Hardin

Was he a mod as well? :wacko:

I bet it his ass was a bit numb riding that scooter all the way from Sheffield to Brighton.