Daniel Jones

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Rumours circulating that Jones was out last night in Vale celebrating his move and pay off. He was seen in a night club smoking numerous £5 notes, in the company of a some wannabe WAGS. 

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

signed for Port Vale - fast mover - guess they weren't interested in splashing out the cash - but i think its a deal thats in the best interest for both parties

Jones will want to play football after getting an "extended run" with us towards the beginning of the season - he played ALRIGHT - wasn't horrific as some people suggest, but didn't set the world alight - was steady - his main issue was his lack of confidence with getting forward to aid the attack - not helped by the crowd and keyboard warriors on here jumping on his back at any chance possibly to criticise him ...

and with Reda coming back to full fitness and Mattock looking more and more capable when he gets a game, and Buxton and Lee able to slot in there, i couldn't see him getting many more games with us

all the best at the Valiants Jones - work hard, knuckle down and you can turn into a decent left back

The only attribute he has got is that he is quite quick , 

When he first joined he looked ok going forward, but would look a bit lost positionally and this season I thought he took an age to get rid of the ball at times.

I thought he had a great game against Leeds too, was strong and didnt dive in or get caught out.

Sheffield Wednesday defender Daniel Jones has left the club by mutual consent.

Jones joined the Owls in August 2010 on a free transfer and went on to make 50 appearances.

The 26-year-old said: “I’ve really enjoyed my time at Sheffield Wednesday. I haven’t played as many games as I would I have liked and I am ready for a new challenge.

“Wednesday is a massive club and I hope the lads can turn it around this season and climb the table.”

Sheffield Wednesday would like to thank Daniel for his services and wish him well for the future.

Yeah, as if ....