Bothroyd

dj2

When he signed I was excited...wow we've signed a "proven championship goalscorer" (we always wanted that didn't we) and up until recently I have been willing....willing him to do well, after that goal against Leeds I thought he would go on and start scoring.

However now he needs to go back...he doesn't fit. That happens, he has quality he wins most flicks, his touch is ok but he isn't doing what he needs to do. Perhaps it's cause of the system?? Isn't it funny though to think that if he wasn't happy with this he wouldn't have gone and told his main man DJ?? His contract I believe states Wednesday have to pay full wages if he doesn't play, standard loan agreement from better teams these days, Wednesday can't afford it. As a result he plays... Every game!!! He talks a good game on twitter but his attitude in training is by all account shocking and players are getting annoyed... Why wouldn't they? Imagine JJ's thinking now...can't get in a team cause of a guy who doesn't work in training... So please either get it sorted that you play on merit and not financial implication... Or go back to London...

Edited by dj2

According to most Owlstalk posters, Jay Bothroyd is the route of all our problems down at Hillsborough.

He was also the reason we lost last night and in fact borrowed Miguel Llera's head guard and shirt during the game and started p1ssing about with the ball and made an error that directly resulted in us conceding a second.

Send him back and we can still make the playoffs!!!!!!!!

Brought in as the player who would score the goals to help us compete in the Champ., singularly failed to deliver (our CB has triple the amount of goals Both has this season). Then because we CAN'T not play him (contract terms) he's replaced JJ out wide where he basically is a disinterested passenger who knows he can't be dropped (or even brought off before 70 mins of the game have elapsed). I accept hindsight is a wonderful thing but whichever way you look at it a disastrous bit of business by DJ/PA/MM. And DEFINITELY affecting team morale.

Edited by Almat

According to most Owlstalk posters, Jay Bothroyd is the route of all our problems down at Hillsborough.

He was also the reason we lost last night and in fact borrowed Miguel Llera's head guard and shirt during the game and started p1ssing about with the ball and made an error that directly resulted in us conceding a second.

Sorry but no where did I state he was the route of all our issues, agree Llera was awful. Please don't confuse my views with someone blaming him for all, I wanted him to succeed but bit by bit improvements are needed...has to go, for his own success as much as anything else

Sorry but no where did I state he was the route of all our issues, agree Llera was awful. Please don't confuse my views with someone blaming him for all, I wanted him to succeed but bit by bit improvements are needed...has to go, for his own success as much as anything else

No idea why that posted three times...

Bothroyd is a very good footballer - in a very poorly organised football team.

I am not saying he is above criticism - he isn't.

But some of you expect him to shine regardless of the teams performances.

Too much scapegoating IMO - the team has to be looked at collectively.

Too much scapegoating IMO - the team has to be looked at collectively.

Agree but no reason for him to not put it in during training and he HAS influenced team morale, perhaps not his fault just his contract situation

Agree but no reason for him to not put it in during training and he HAS influenced team morale, perhaps not his fault just his contract situation

You seem to think he should take some personal responsibility.

We signed him, presumably on QPR's terms.

No doubt he came here to resurrect his career.

I bet he isn't very pleased either.

He's obviously a reasonably talented player, but he's out of position, slows down the midfield, and more to the point his attitude stinks. I've had enough of seeing him berate other players on the pitch when they get a pass towards him slightly wrong. If you're the Steven Gerrard type who is putting his heart into every game then you can do that - not when you yourself are coasting through games. Then you have to shut up and get on with it.

"His contract I believe states Wednesday have to pay full wages if he doesn't play, standard loan agreement from better teams these days, Wednesday can't afford it. As a result he plays... Every game!!! He talks a good game on twitter but his attitude in training is by all account shocking and players are getting annoyed... Why wouldn't they? Imagine JJ's thinking now...can't get in a team cause of a guy who doesn't work in training..."

- If true this is a terrible situation for both Jay and the team to be in, and explains a lot. JJ is never going to be everyone's cup of tea but he has given a lot to this club over the years. To have his place taken by Bothroyd because of a contractural agreement has to be hurting him.

He's obviously a reasonably talented player, but he's out of position, slows down the midfield, and more to the point his attitude stinks. I've had enough of seeing him berate other players on the pitch when they get a pass towards him slightly wrong. If you're the Steven Gerrard type who is putting his heart into every game then you can do that - not when you yourself are coasting through games. Then you have to shut up and get on with it.

"His contract I believe states Wednesday have to pay full wages if he doesn't play, standard loan agreement from better teams these days, Wednesday can't afford it. As a result he plays... Every game!!! He talks a good game on twitter but his attitude in training is by all account shocking and players are getting annoyed... Why wouldn't they? Imagine JJ's thinking now...can't get in a team cause of a guy who doesn't work in training..."

- If true this is a terrible situation for both Jay and the team to be in, and explains a lot. JJ is never going to be everyone's cup of tea but he has given a lot to this club over the years. To have his place taken by Bothroyd because of a contractural agreement has to be hurting him.

Have you noted the lack of movement, throughout the team?

Bloody Messi would like poor in this squad.

What do people expect Bothroyd to do exactly?

I accept he/it isn't working. But I don't exactly just blame Bothroyd.

The other thing is, a lot of people are looking at his goals record for Cardiff, where he was surrounded by very good players, and deciding he is an out and out striker. Anyone who knows anything about Jay Bothroyd, will know that right from his early days he's much more than that. He did play up front for Cardiff, but often played wide left where his diagonal balls into the box and long range shooting were his strong points. He's a quality player who's languid style is always going to make him a target when things aren't going well but surround him with players who will make runs off the ball, and 9 times out of 10 he will find them

I don't, I just think he is part of the problem and his attitude does stink... Maybe not his fault but he isn't helping and IMO hasn't showed enough to be starting, can't not start and therefore has to

Go.... But this is a MASSIVE admission of

Failure for DJ

I don't, I just think he is part of the problem and his attitude does stink... Maybe not his fault but he isn't helping and IMO hasn't showed enough to be starting, can't not start and therefore has to

Go.... But this is a MASSIVE admission of

Failure for DJ