Is everyone too scared?

I know what you mean - but think we should make hillsborough deafening until its sorted

If the fans dont make a positive noise then we will be back to the minority having the loudest boys and hillsborough will be a place for boooos and abuse again

No argument from me. Haranguing players on Twitter is sad and Hillsborough on a 'quiet' day has an almost funereal atmosphere which must transmit to the players. Everyone knows that Owlstalk is the place for the slagging anyway :ph34r:

Guest Bedders

Is Dave Jones too scared to play 4-4-2 given the crap he got from our fans when he did ?

Are the players too nervous to play their normal game ?

Are the midfielders too scared to play their normal through balls?

Have we got back to the point when the team and manager are just doing enough not to get fired and are too nervous to relax and go for it?

We'll be working hard on the training pitch to put things right!

Look at the pictures of my hotel guys it's great! Hmmmmmmm.........

Guest CambridgeOwl69

451 with these players will simply never work....the opposition push us back too much to support the attack, get back to 442 and we may have a fighting chance

Guest Bedders

I bet Semedo day will be better than the last two home games

Time after time the players tell us that the crowds noise helps them big time

Antonio told us that the crowd created the goal that got us promoted

Etc

Etc

Our fans can play a MASSIVE part

Or they can just sit silent with arms folded whilst our team struggles

Its up to us

Serious question......if it works so well why don't managers & the whole bench sing? Don't they want us to do well?

Edited by Bedders

We don't have the players to play 442, though bizarrely, we don't really have the players to play 451. The thing that frustrates me the most is, that this has been evident for weeks and yet , until recently, the manager's done nothing about it. Purely on the basis that it will take less changes to remedy it, I think we should stick with 451.

Oi..don't get me wrong..I love this...and I hope it will carry on to home games...but change on the pitch is needed...

Why does that mean fans should sit silent at games when we could try and lift the atmosphere they play in?

Do we really want the boo boys to reappear and be the only ones heard ?

Owlstalk Shop

I only watched it on tv last night but a shît atmosphere didn't seem to affect the boro players until they scored. And I'm assuming our fans weren't booing our every touch. Fair enough at hillsborough it can get negative but we were away from home last night.

I think the team is just a bit crappy at the moment. And yes that is a technical football saying.

No..I'm in total agreement..but there also has to be change on the pitch. Irvine type football will kill any atmosphere eventually.

Ok lets try something different as you clearly need to keep adding 'but's' in

lol

Yes or No - would it be better to try improving the atmosphere at games than sitting silent like the last two home games?

Just yes or no

Ta

lol

Owlstalk Shop

It is all the fans fault that DJ brought in players not up to the job.

It is all the fans fault that he cannot decide his best team.

It is all the fans fault that the team cannot defend.

Need I say any more ? Just blame the fans for everything, it's never the fault of highly paid managers and players is it ?

It is all the fans fault that DJ brought in players not up to the job.

It is all the fans fault that he cannot decide his best team.

It is all the fans fault that the team cannot defend.

Need I say any more ? Just blame the fans for everything, it's never the fault of highly paid managers and players is it ?

Nonesense. Everyone knows it is the fault of the referees.