Wednesday Fans

Think people need to realise we are a newly promoted team that is finding its feet at this level, coming up against established Championship clubs most weeks. Ok, you'll get the exceptions that adjust quicker, like Huddersfield, but that is the exception rather than the norm.

the team we are putting out didnt get promoted last year.

We are nearly a third of the way into the season and we are nearly a third of the way to the minimum number of points you state.

Support helps, negativity doesn't.

dont understand how my whinging on a forum affects things. only missed two games and i sing my heart out as im sure you do.

but things are scary an MM isnt famed for patience. will see if we are still set for over 50 points after having played boro, forest, leicster, and cardiff i guess.

dont understand how my whinging on a forum affects things. only missed two games and i sing my heart out as im sure you do.

but things are scary an MM isnt famed for patience. will see if we are still set for over 50 points after having played boro, forest, leicster, and cardiff i guess.

I'm not necessarily talking about you, I'm talking about support in general. How many of our fans give players stick through FB/Twitter, on the phone in after the game, on Owlstalk and other forums, groan when there is a mis-placed pass or boo when things aren't going our way?

It is difficult, and it is frustrating, but we are moving forward. Given just how much money and established clubs there are in this division, time is most definitely needed. I'm 100% certain we'll get it right and be in the Championship next season.

did we lose our first game of the season last night?

will you be writing similar posts in may?

the fact is, people who thought our previous two results could be us 'turning the corner' or that they were 'something to build on' (or whatever cliche you wish to throw in) were wrong. we have performed badly all season aside from probably birmingham at home really and we are in trouble. you can tell us its a building job or a learning process all that you want but after 46 games if we dont have 50 points minimum then we will be back in league one for the third time in a decade. but i guess if that displeases me then i should just keep quiet and pretend otherwise to make the internet a happy place for you.

We outplayed Leeds, we outplayed Blackburn, there was some good stuff v Burnley, we outplayed Ipswich, we outplayed peterborough for a start

We outplayed Leeds, we outplayed Blackburn, there was some good stuff v Burnley, we outplayed Ipswich, we outplayed peterborough for a start

forgot about leeds, will give you that.

blackburn we were awful (as were they).

burnley we looked good going forward but we were so bad at the back id struggle to define that as a good performance.

ipswich i didnt see.

we were better than peterborough true enough. though we were still very poor.

So it is a new team... Surely, even more reason to give it time then, no?

BTW, Buxton, Llera, Jones, Antonio, O'Grady and Semedo started last night from last seasons team - so, infact, over half the starting 11 are from last season...

fair cop, cant argue with the latter. and im not suggesting we dont give jones more time but how long do we leave it? do you give him more money in january?

I agree about this whole tw@tter poo .

Why would you directly insult a player for a poor performance? Do you think that'll improve their performances? Do you think the player will be thinking "best get this cross right or William S.Punkbreath* will be on tw@tter again threatening to kill my family"?! Seriously! The site is full of tw@ts!

*Fictional name, not that of a real person. Apologies if there is a William S.Punkbreath out there who would never dream of such abuse.

fair cop, cant argue with the latter. and im not suggesting we dont give jones more time but how long do we leave it? do you give him more money in january?

Tough shout to be honest mate, people can rightfully say DJ has been backed pretty well in the summer - better than where our league position is at present anyhow.

I think MM will have a good idea now as to whether he believes DJ is up to the task or not - and I expect if we are in a similar position come late December, which I don't think MM would be happy about, DJ may be moving on.

But we have another dozen games between now and then and our position could be looking a lot better by then.

Guest Leeswfc3

Exactly. Many people are expecting miracles, - DONT. I'd be happy with just below middle of table, remember quite a few of these players were only just used to league one last year and now they've been put in the deep end in the ever unpredictable championship. Im just thankful we're out of the pits of League one.

I wouldnt call it miracles to expect a top half finish would you?

Just want to say how fvcked off i get with quite a few Wednesday fans (admitadly not the majority but a large number these days)...Saturday we had turned the corner and things were looking up. A bad performance and result and all of a sudden things are poo poo and all the players are bad and need getting rid of etc... Dread to think what it will be like if we dont pick up points Friday night

This is a very difficult league and a very difficult league to put unbeaten runs in place!! GET A GRIP slagging players off on social sites it pathetic and to be honest i think the people who do it are worse than the players!! For example Rhys Macabe has been really good for us and some of the stuff last night and this morning is disgusting...he his still a young lad and does not need it, its soul destroying.

Every one has an opinion but some times just keep it to yourself FFS. Just one to ask yourselves...out of a full working year how bad days do you have work where you underperform?? (money and profession is irrelevant) I know i have them!!

Some people need to grown up, get a grip and be more realistic...simple as!!

Yea Yea ive just got fvcked off wi you, so what?

I wouldnt call it miracles to expect a top half finish would you?

Yea Yea ive just got fvcked off wi you, so what?

You're rapidly heading towards a 'this fan is so negative I'm starting to think he's a blade' status

lol

Chill out - enjoy the season

In fact I'd go as far as to quote one of my favourite all time SWFC legends...

"Enjoy your football...."

Owlstalk Shop

far too much negativity yet again from us wednesdayites .we were beaten by a better side last night pure and simple . no shame in that at all and blackpool have been togethor as a team for last few years.stability is the key and dj deserves until christmas at least due to the fact he got us promoted last season.we need to stick togethor and get behind the lads through thick and thin.

far too much negativity yet again from us wednesdayites .we were beaten by a better side last night pure and simple . no shame in that at all and blackpool have been togethor as a team for last few years.stability is the key and dj deserves until christmas at least due to the fact he got us promoted last season.we need to stick togethor and get behind the lads through thick and thin.

its not all about last night is the point that many of us are making though..

Its not the result that fooked me off last night..it was the timid performance....I don't give a flyin' flip how much money Blackpool have got...or how good their players are...It was Hillsborough and we should have had a go,,,,we didn't....you can wrap it up in whatever fashion you want...but we played 1 up front for the majority...at home....I do not expect that...If you set out to defend against a better team...you'll lose..cos they'll score...treat it as a cup tie...get at 'em...moaning about a lack of atmosphere?...its there cos the atmosphere is initially created by the team put out...the formation...The team, the crowd were on the backfoot before the fookin' kick off..cos Mr Jones was scared of Blackpool...So thye fans were scared of Blackpool..I expect to beat any bugger at Hillsborough..and thats the mindset the team has to come out with...away from home...i'll take owt...any formation...not at Hillsborough...

Edited by asteener1867