So anyway - three in midfield system not far off now

Much better as a unit and very rarely left one player isolated.

Interplay with the ball was good and defensively much more joined up.

Really like the look of McCabe or Corry sitting and dictating what we do with the ball, and Barkley (gotta keep that lad) and Semedo imposing themselves going forward or defending.

Much better energy levels from Bothroyd, I would start him up the middle now with Rodri on the left.

UTOs!!!

Regards

Lee

As I said in another thread, we dont create enough chances with this system at home.

People don't get into the box..

That's because we are not making best use of the ball by our centre forward.

I like COG as a professional but he is not considered a threat by the opposition because of his lack of quality / pace, so they play a high line.

If a fit (and good attitude Bothroyd) was up the middle you would see us attacking the box more through out team being further up the field and also his better use of the ball / better layoffs.

Regards

Lee

We have lots of options. This is the best squad weve had for a long time. McCabe's injury doesnt sound to clever though, hopefully Barkley can be extended as hes beginning to show his talent now, LB needs addressing.

Reda out for 4 weeks, DJ is toilet, Mattock is agonisingly slow, and Bennett no longer part of the squad.

Thought Dan Jones had a good game on Friday.

Was surprised to see Bothroyd playing so deep, and felt that we lacked a real threat with just one up front.

I loved our work rate though, particularly 1st half - and had to smile at that move in the 2nd half where Llera controlled it in their box, laying it back to Gardner who then shot - seemed strange to see 2 central defenders in such advanced positions together.

Edited by Daz

..actually preffered COG where he was...the ball just sticks to him and it enables Bothroyd and others to close up and make runs into the box. Certainly would prefer that in the first half until defenders start to get worn down having to deal with him and Antonio/Barkley....then push Bothroyd into that position in the second half and stick Mayor on the other wing...

Thought Dan Jones had a good game on Friday.

Was surprised to see Bothroyd playing so deep, and felt that we lacked a real threat with just one up front.

I loved our work rate though, particularly 1st half - and had to smile at that move in the 2nd half where Llera controlled it in their box, laying it back to Gardner who then shot - seemed strange to see 2 central defenders in such advanced positions together.

You smiled at that move! that was a bit demonstrative, hope it was just a lip smile. Sorry just teasing. :rolleyes:

I might be in the wrong section here but our crossing generally could do with sharpening up couldn't it? and it doesn't seem to matter who's got the ball. Time after time we break and everybody stands up only to see a poor cross from good positions. Often the most we get is a corner. I remember one on Friday as an example when Buxton was in a great position in the first half and pulled the ball back behind the 18 yard line. If we can't pick a man out just hit it hard across the 6 yard line.