Leeds supporters club spokesman / leader or whatever his title is has just been on Sky. At first quite contrite, but then started deflecting blame, including blaming the fact we let people stand in aisles rather than behind seats (pretty sure that would have been fans refusing to sit in allocated seats) and the classic, 'I would have thought that, of all grounds, this would be the last one to chant about people being murdered.'

Guest TonyOwl88

Why can't people just take responsibility for what they have done? (or the people they represent)?

1. L**ds trouble is nothing to do with Wednesday singing, unless those people are thick as pig sh!t.

2. Wednesday are not responsible for the Hillsborough disaster, and murdered nobody.

3. You can't use things that other people have done to justify L**ds actions on the night... not things that happened at the same time, let alone things that happened more than 20 years ago.

Disgusting.

Having had the comments of this guy constantly rammed down my throat by Look L**ds I have the opinion that Ray Fell is a complete and utter TOOL.

despite attempts to obtain the answer I am still unsure if he "fell or was dropped on his head at birth"

Guest intercity0wl

Leeds supporters club spokesman / leader or whatever his title is has just been on Sky. At first quite contrite, but then started deflecting blame, including blaming the fact we let people stand in aisles rather than behind seats (pretty sure that would have been fans refusing to sit in allocated seats) and the classic, 'I would have thought that, of all grounds, this would be the last one to chant about people being murdered.'

Which aisle should the guy the who did the assault, and the others who came onto the field of play (criminal offence by the way) to have been removed from. Another example why this sort of thing will never be eradicated, nobody will take responsibility for their actions..

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

It's what Tajfel calls in-group favouritism. We are all gulity of it.

The truth is that we all need to take a look 'in-house' and stop pointing the finger. We cannot stand on our moral high ground because we have been guilty, in the past, of similar incidents.

The only way you can stamp things like this is by coming together and changing the culture. The majority of moral and decent fans outweigh the minority of idiots. So there shouldn't be no problem- if you see something you disagree with amongst our fan base challenge it, stand up for what's right.

There's too much ugliness in football, I'm all for rivalry and banter but this goes beyond it.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Leeds fan here. Ray Fell always was, always has been and always will be, a tool of the highest order.

As for last night? All too predictable, bearing in mind that several pubs in the city centre seemed to be full of Leeds fans from early afternoon. The Savile stuff was vile, the Galatasary stuff was vile (and I saw severa of your lot in the North Stand going seriously bonkers at their fellow fans for singing it). The knob who attacked Kirkland will no doubt get his comeuppance and deservedly so. The knob who shattered the window of the tram full of Leeds fans I was on on the way to the ground with a brick probably won't (last seen hurtling off from the Netherthorpe Road stop). Good job that laminated glass works or, having seen the impact mark, we could be discussing the death of a 15 year old lad today.

Over the years, most of the Blades/Owls/Leeds games (I have attended several Sheffield Derbies with mates of both persuasions) I have been to have been accompanied by an undercurrent of violence. Sometimes the police/stewards get it right, sometimes they get it wrong. The common theme has been that all three clubs are big city clubs. Big city clubs will always attract both the good and the bad elements (and Leeds does have a larger bad element than most, I concede). But it was a cracking atmosphere last night, and that was because of the intense rivalry. Did 28,500 pepole turn up for this game because of mutual respect for the other team? I think not.

If things were that bad, how come that if we meet again next season, home and away, the crowds will probably both be season bests? Out of distaste for Leeds, will you lot not sell out your allocation for Elland Road? I doubt it, no matter how much Uncle Ken tries to fleece you. In fact, like it or not, last night's events will probably guarantee it, as your "lads" will be out for revenge.

And if it is all too much, we can all go and support Barnsley or Huddersfield or Doncaster Rovers. It will be lovely and quiet and you don't get people standing up and blocking your view.

As long as football continues to throw up games last night, I will continue to attend. poo poo happens, and when I look at the crock of poo poo in the news at the moment, if last night is a life-shattering event, I may as well top-myself now.

As for the footy, you looked good, and more importantly hungry. Jones has the air of a man for whom the gallows beckon.