The rise of hooliganism again....

Starting to see more hooligan style activity this season

Not sure if that's because we're back in the Championship or because of the recession ongoing or what but it's definitely evident

There's an edge to a few games now - and stuff happening at other games and clubs too

I was kinda expecting it to a degree as I think racism/BNP/hooliganism all rise when times are tough or in a recession

Hope it calms quickly as we don't really need/want this kind of stuff happening at any games.

Owlstalk Shop

the fa has the opportunity to act and ensure that behaviour of this standard must be seen as totally unacceptable...

they have the opportunity to stamp on l**ds very hard...

if they fail, then they will have issued all fans throughout the land the right to start to take retribution against l**ds and other like minded scumbag clubs so called fans...

the decision rests with some dithering old codgers, best known for fudging issues, and fence sitting...

I haven't seen any rise whatsoever.

Tonight, a few idiots in a heated local derby, acted idiotically.

Otherwise, nothing has changed. Every other game I've been to has been as expected

BTW - the BNP are losing popularity hugely

Disagree with you mate, I agree with Neil it's defo on the rise again, especially inside stadiums. Trouble is the authorities do nothing against those that are doing it.

There's definitely more of an edge at games these days and it's intimidating. Leaving the ground last night there were at least 10-15 groups of idiots waiting around for some trouble.

Makes you ashamed to be a football fan at times.

Rivalry, passion and banter is a huge part of the game for me but throwing bottles, seats, coins, advertising hoardings, assaulting players and fighting isn't.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Milwall and Leeds are in our league that's why Neil.

Let's face it we are not free from idiocy amongst our fans- the Instanbul chanting tonight was an example- but trashing a ground (in front of kids and woman) and attacking an innocent man that's just cowardly. Disgusting

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Starting to see more hooligan style activity this season

Not sure if that's because we're back in the Championship or because of the recession ongoing or what but it's definitely evident

There's an edge to a few games now - and stuff happening at other games and clubs too

I was kinda expecting it to a degree as I think racism/BNP/hooliganism all rise when times are tough or in a recession

Hope it calms quickly as we don't really need/want this kind of stuff happening at any games.

Statistically it's proven.

Got to agree with the post. I take my 10 year old son and I've noticed it creeping back in for about 2 years.

Last night reminded me of the 80s, I normally stay until the end but as we exit via the lep from the north stand I just couldn't risk my lad getting caught up with the lot.

Thing is, that's the first time I've had to think like that. Before we know it well be back to the dark days cos its realky hard to stamp this sort of stuff out. I also agree that to some extent this is linked with austerity.

Not good.

Worse bova' at hillsbra ive seen. Behind south stand was insane for 45mins with running battles with both sets and syp. Hillsbra corner as well.

Get used to it. This city is ours.

Didn,t follow the mighty Owls 30 or so years ago then?

Lad last night is a lightie and needs soneone of a decent reptue to put him in his place. EBRA. Leeds are scum' always were always will be.

Said this to a mate last night if these morons want to behave like they are back in the 70s the cops should treat them like they did in 70s and give em some welly and i include our more brainless brethren in that as well.

The Coppers weren't averse to dropping their truncheons onto anything they could get a clean strike on back then.

Some of the arm outstretched c'mon then brigade you see in every crowd these days would be off crying about Police Brutality and human rights if they copped a fourpenny one now and again.

Didn,t follow the mighty Owls 30 or so years ago then?

Lad last night is a lightie and needs soneone of a decent reptue to put him in his place. EBRA. Leeds are scum' always were always will be.

I can sum up your post with one word: Moron.

In fact, I want to use two words. Absolute moron.

Got to agree with the post. I take my 10 year old son and I've noticed it creeping back in for about 2 years.

Last night reminded me of the 80s, I normally stay until the end but as we exit via the lep from the north stand I just couldn't risk my lad getting caught up with the lot.

Thing is, that's the first time I've had to think like that. Before we know it well be back to the dark days cos its realky hard to stamp this sort of stuff out. I also agree that to some extent this is linked with austerity.

Not good.

I take my 7 yr old Nephew and we sit on the Kop End of the North and always stay to applaud the players,i have never felt threatened at Hillsborough nor did i last night. Edited by Lawrie Madden

I can sum up your post with one word: Moron.

In fact, I want to use two words. Absolute moron.

Obviouly you dont know me. If the Leeds scum want to go to a match, look hard and have fisticuffs, there are plenty of chaps willing to assist, be it at Wednesday or wherever. Do not assault players, women or kids is all I mean. There are pics of a Leeds kid getting hit by a sign board the idiots ripped of. This is not acceptable. There are plenty of big chaps (and I would include myself here) who if you want to play are available but leave the innocents alone.

Obviouly you dont know me. If the Leeds scum want to go to a match, look hard and have fisticuffs, there are plenty of chaps willing to assist, be it at Wednesday or wherever. Do not assault players, women or kids is all I mean. There are pics of a Leeds kid getting hit by a sign board the idiots ripped of. This is not acceptable. There are plenty of big chaps (and I would include myself here) who if you want to play are available but leave the innocents alone.

Should footy hoolies join the army and go fight taliban instead ?

Owlstalk Shop

Should footy hoolies join the army and go fight taliban instead ?

Why, hooligans used to go toe to toe, the Army and taliban use guns - slightly different kind of interaction.

Why, hooligans used to go toe to toe, the Army and taliban use guns - slightly different kind of interaction.

Are you saying hoolies would be scared to fight for real ?

Isn't fighting for our country and the genuine safety of our families more important than shouting at each other at football matches from behind the safety of the police/steward lines ?

Curious as to why hoolies do what they do... If they were serious about what they do wouldn't they just break out past the coppers and stewards and jump into the home end for a proper scrap ?

Owlstalk Shop