Interesting!........

That is total bollux and irrelevant.

Leeds Rhinos average 14,000 this season

Sheffield Utd average 18,000

Sheffield Steelers average 7,000+

Plenty of other sports in Sheff that attract crowds too.

Point is,

Football watching money paying spectators in Leeds: 23,000

Football watching money paying spectators in Sheffield 43,000+ (Wednesday 25,000+ United 18,000)

Leave phookin' Rugby ahhht on it!

It maybe a different game but around here the majority of people follow rugby league like we follow football. And most Leeds rugby league couldn't give a throw about lufc.

its not £38 to get in leeds in all parts of the ground some are £28 my mate are leeds fans and to say they have only one team in their city leeds get very poor gates.fact.sheff wed have the biggest gates in the league and we have two team here and were 3rd from bottom great support swfc.

So its only £2 more than on kop at hillborough.

There home support really as been poor this season then.

Edited by bradowl

Guest Triplej2

who gives a flying roger, id sooner be winning games instead of bragging about attendance. Yes our support is great but do we really need to have a thread on it every week.

*prepares for any backlash*

Bragging about attendances is part of football. Of course you'd rather be winning games but this is a stand alone subject, surely?

Guest spooookie1

Also, wasn't Brighton biggest crowd when we played them this season?

Yes,indeed.And it remains our biggest crowd to date,at the Amex.

I will leave it to you guys that are interested in attendances as a topic -but just to say we aren't playing that well I'm amazed that during this economic climate we are doing this well getting people in

I think it's fantastic and after many years of neglect and poor, poor, some might say negligent directorship this surely must signal confirmation if any was needed to any future owners of this wonderful icon of a club what an opportunity there is here

Edited by steelowl

Maybe not, but the bigger the crowd, the bigger the budget, buy better/more players.

Should (not happening at the minute) give us a head start on other teams.

Or if we got low crowds, the other teams would be even more ahead of us, how bad would that be.

It was because a lot of fans stood by the club, that we lasted long enough for MM to come in.