In Milan we TRUST

yes eddie, keep taking the tablets

im still waiting for your list too, later will do when you've had your nap

What list? The things that DJ has done right this season?

I'm not going to construct a list for you. Even if I believed in making little lists, we are after all in the middle of having a pretty poo pooe season so far, so I can't imagine there'd be loads to go on it.

But really, do carry on trying to black and white it and suppose that I'm saying that all is rosy at Wednesday.

Being critical is the easiest thing in the world, especially in this era of large squads, multiple substitutions and tiresome 'expert' analysis.

If he plays Mattock at left back and we lose, he should have picked Reda. Go for 4-4-2 and we're defeated, it should have been 4-5-1. Give the players a day off and he should have had them in for extra training. If they patiently pass it around they should have gone direct. Put in the promising young talent and it should have been obvious he wasn't ready. The second guessing is literally endless.

Being critical is the easiest thing in the world, especially in this era of large squads, multiple substitutions and tiresome 'expert' analysis.

If he plays Mattock at left back and we lose, he should have picked Reda. Go for 4-4-2 and we're defeated, it should have been 4-5-1. Give the players a day off and he should have had them in for extra training. If they patiently pass it around they should have gone direct. Put in the promising young talent and it should have been obvious he wasn't ready. The second guessing is literally endless.

So is the run of awful displays.

Listen im the first to agree that yesterdays after the match argument in the pub, is todays internet fan site, unfortunately populated mostly with people who dont even go to the game, the ability of people to have their two-penneth who havent even seen the game is something we are stuck with, but putting all that aside recent criticism is somewhat understandable

It's exemplified by the apparent words of our coach regarding the managers training methods in an interview that nobody can even produce an accurate quote for. All of a sudden the manager's methods are partly to blame for recent results when in reality we don't know what those methods actually are and there is nothing to suggest those methods are any different to the ones which saw us nearly beat our longest ever unbeaten run. Anyone who counters the accusation is met with 'well he should be doing more at this difficult time' but that doesn't escape the fact that we have no idea what was happening then or is happening now.

Very much a case of whatever fits, I suppose.

It's exemplified by the apparent words of our coach regarding the managers training methods in an interview that nobody can even produce an accurate quote for. All of a sudden the manager's methods are partly to blame for recent results when in reality we don't know what those methods actually are and there is nothing to suggest those methods are any different to the ones which saw us nearly beat our longest ever unbeaten run. Anyone who counters the accusation is met with 'well he should be doing more at this difficult time' but that doesn't escape the fact that we have no idea what was happening then or is happening now.

Remember that hilarious/tragic thread from last season where posters were lining up to stick the boot into Aldridge for his apparent role in our downfall when that became the vogue thing to do amongst people desperate for a scapegoat? Maybe it's going to be his turn for some grief again soon?

I know i'm going to regret this, and you are going to totally ignore my point and reply with some smart comment designed to deflect what ive said, but dont you for 1 minute think that part of that run was down to the previous managers instillation of belief and drive, not 100% but at least part?

I know i'm going to regret this, and you are going to totally ignore my point and reply with some smart comment designed to deflect what ive said, but dont you for 1 minute think that part of that run was down to the previous managers instillation of belief and drive, not 100% but at least part?

Judging by the first part of your post, I don't really know why I should bother replying seriously, but yes of course it was a part of it. Anybody would be ludicrous to say otherwise. Even so, that still doesn't contradict the post you quoted.

Edited by Sonny

Judging by the first part of your post, I don't really know why I should bother replying seriously, but yes of course it was a part of it. Anybody would be ludicrous to say otherwise. Even so, that still doesn't contradict the post you quoted.

You say DJs training methods were good enought to almost beat the longest unbeaten run ever, i say that at least part of that run (last season) was in some way down to Megsons methods, and latterly Burtons,

My point is they werent DJs methods last year, only this. and they arent partly to blame for this years fiasco, they are wholly to blame

You say DJs training methods were good enought to almost beat the longest unbeaten run ever, i say that at least part of that run (last season) was in some way down to Megsons methods, and latterly Burtons,

My point is they werent DJs methods last year, only this. and they arent partly to blame for this years fiasco, they are wholly to blame

So you're saying that DJs training methods last year were actually Megson's training methods? Apart from that making no sense at all it totally proves the totally simple point that I made. Which is...

Nobody has any idea what the methods were then and nobody has any idea what the methods are now. Furthermore, we have no idea how those methods effected performance then or now.

So you're saying that DJs training methods last year were actually Megson's training methods? Apart from that making no sense at all it totally proves the totally simple point that I made. Which is...

Nobody has any idea what the methods were then and nobody has any idea what the methods are now. Furthermore, we have no idea how those methods effected performance then or now.

you dont listen do you? i'm saying last years training methods were Burtons, the team spirit was Megsons, i cant make it any clearer, this year i admit no one knows who's methods they are, thats the trouble, no one will own up

you dont listen do you? i'm saying last years training methods were Burtons, the team spirit was Megsons, i cant make it any clearer, this year i admit no one knows who's methods they are, thats the trouble, no one will own up

I listen perfectly well, thank you, and nothing you have said contradicts my original point.

Guest pops55

At the expense of ANY attacking ability. If hanging out for the hope of a 0-0 draw surely can't be the best we can hope for.

And Hull hardly came to attack with any conviction, did they?

Guest Leeswfc3

OP= happy clapper....clap away, we are not struggling, we have not lost 7 out of eight..........some people need to face we are in a rut, and things are not looking good.

I find myself wondering if this is not a function of analysis but one of personality. It would be interesting to see if the posters saying that Jones should be sacked are largely the same group that did the same as soon as Sturrock, Laws, Irvine and Megson's results started to falter? Oh sure, they can point to this transfer, or that formation, or that tactic, or that selection to create the illusion of some kind of deep thought, but that level of criticism is the easiest thing in the world to indulge in if you're predisposed to do so. Whatever the manager hasn't done is always the solution and can be kept going indefinitely.

It seems to me that it didn't used to be like this. Is it a consequence of the increasing pace and impatience of modern society? We have social networks giving our rants a potential audience of millions within seconds, the ability to influence live TV shows, movies on demand, more leisure activities than we've ever had before etc. The more we have, the more we want and the faster we demand it. And this inexorably squeezes out more considered logic as old fashioned, irrelevant or derided. There's no time to think. Come on, you must have an opinion. Make a decision and do it NOW, NOW, NOW.